Mapfre S.A. (MAP) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- July 2017
- 37 pages
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Mapfre S.A. (Mapfre), a subsidiary of CARTERA MAPFRE, S.L. Sociedad Unipersonal, is a provider of insurance and reinsurance products and services.Its insurance offerings include automobile insurance, home insurance, health insurance, life insurance, third party liability insurance, agriculture and farming insurance and commercial lines insurance. The company provides reinsurance products and related services, assistance and claims management, specialty risks, travel insurance and travel assistance programs. It operates in various countries across Latin America, North America, Europe, Africa and the Middle East and Asia Pacific. Mapfre is headquartered in Madrid, Spain.
The company reported premium income of EUR22,813.2 million in FY2016, an increase of 2.2% over FY2015.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 4
Section 1 - About the Company 5
Mapfre S.A. - Key Facts 5
Mapfre S.A. - Key Employees 6
Mapfre S.A. - Key Employee Biographies 8
Mapfre S.A. - Major Products and Services 10
Mapfre S.A. - History 12
Mapfre S.A. - Company Statement 16
Mapfre S.A. - Locations And Subsidiaries 18
Head Office 18
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 18
Section 2 – Company Analysis 20
Mapfre S.A. - Business Description 20
Business Description - Assistance, Services and Specialty Risks 20
Assistance, Services and Specialty Risks - Overview 20
Business Description - Global Risks 20
Global Risks - Overview 20
Business Description - Insurance 20
Insurance - Overview 20
Business Description - Reinsurance 20
Reinsurance - Overview 20
Mapfre S.A. - Corporate Strategy 21
Mapfre S.A. - SWOT Analysis 22
SWOT Analysis - Overview 22
Mapfre S.A. - Strengths 22
Mapfre S.A. - Weaknesses 23
Mapfre S.A. - Opportunities 24
Mapfre S.A. - Threats 25
Mapfre S.A. - Key Competitors 26
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 27
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 27
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 28
Performance Chart 30
Financial Performance 30
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 31
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 32
Section 4 – Appendix 33
Ratio Definitions 33
About GlobalData 37
Contact Us 37
List of Tables
Mapfre S.A., Key Facts 5
Mapfre S.A., Key Employees 6
Mapfre S.A., Key Employee Biographies 8
Mapfre S.A., Major Products and Services 10
Mapfre S.A., History 12
Mapfre S.A., Subsidiaries 18
Mapfre S.A., Key Competitors 26
Mapfre S.A., Ratios based on current share price 27
Mapfre S.A., Annual Ratios 28
Mapfre S.A., Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 29
Mapfre S.A., Interim Ratios 31
Currency Codes 33
Capital Market Ratios 33
Equity Ratios 34
Profitability Ratios 34
Cost Ratios 35
Liquidity Ratios 35
Leverage Ratios 36
Efficiency Ratios 36
List of Figures
Mapfre S.A., Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 30
Mapfre S.A., Ratio Charts 32
- Swiss Re Europe, S.A., Sucursal en Espana
- SegurCaixa Adeslas SA de Seguros y Reaseguros
- Nacional De Reaseguros, S.A.
- Grupo Catalana Occidente, S.A.
- AXA SA
- Allianz SE