Summary The Northern Ireland economy remains fragile with a level of uncertainty in the local market regarding the government and its budget plans. The Rugby World Cup (hosted in the UK) kicked off on 18 September with many large brands promoting their products around this event. Overall the weather was disappointing in Quarter 3. This impacted negatively on sales of carbonates, beer and cider.
Key Findings - Carbonates performed negatively due to poor summer weather and continued concerns around sugar content
- Sports drinks saw another quarter of decline as the category faced strong competition from other thirst quenching beverages used pre and post workout
- The functional benefits of energy drinks are winning over consumers
Synopsis Canadean's Northern Ireland Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-15 covering carbonates, sports drinks, energy drinks, beer and cider is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2015 vs Q3-2014, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2015 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2015 vs Q3-2014, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2015 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavour
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2015
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavour, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
- Our Q3 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks flavours and innovation
Reasons To Buy - Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Northern Ireland beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Northern Ireland to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyse the latest beverage category 2015 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry 'hot topic' offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Key Trends in Non-Alcoholic Beverages: Powerful changes shaping the soft drinks, hot drinks, enhanced water and packaging segment Summary Some major new trends are sweeping through the beverage industry and they are having a major impact on both manufacturers and consumers. For the soft drinks industry...
Tea and Infusions in UK by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This report covers packaged and unpackaged black, green, oolong, white and Pu'er teas, infusions and yerba mate. It excludes RTD liquid products. Market size is based on retail (off trade)...
Not a sweet deal: The sugar tax is expected to increase the pressure on industry margins Abstract Juice, Mineral Water & Soft Drink Wholesaling in the UK This industry includes wholesalers of carbonated soft drinks, bottled water, dilutables, fruit juices, fruit drinks and smoothies. Companies also...
Shots fired: Distillers are expected to benefit from opportunities in international markets Abstract Spirit Production in the UK Operators within this industry are concerned with the end-to-end process of spirits production with particular focus on distilling, bottling and trading with retailers and...
Spirits in the United Kingdom Summary Spirits in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players...
Bottled Water in UK by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers all packaged still, sparkling and flavoured water. Market size is based on retail (off trade) and non-retail (on trade) sales. Market size for Bottled Water in UK is given...