George Weston Limited (WN) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- July 2017
- 35 pages
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
George Weston Limited (GWL) is a food processing and distribution company. It offers wide range of frozen bakery products such as bread, rolls, bagels, donuts, tortillas, cakes, cookies, pies, crackers and other baked goods. The company also offers grocery, pharmacy, health and beauty products, apparel, general merchandise, banking services, and wireless mobile products and services. GWL offers its products to wholesale and club stores, national and regional supermarkets, convenience stores, food service distributors and outlets as well as other food retailing customers. The company along with its subsidiaries operates in Canada and the US. It is a subsidiary of Wittington Investments Limited. GWL is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
George Weston Limited Key Recent Developments
Jan 20,2017: George Weston and Loblaw Companies announce management succession
Jan 19,2017: Canada’s George Weston appoints Galen G. Weston CEO
Nov 22,2016: George Weston Q3 net earnings up
Sep 15,2016: Galen Weston steps down as executive chairman of George Weston
May 11,2016: George Weston Foods appoints new Chief Executive
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 4
Section 1 - About the Company 5
George Weston Limited - Key Facts 5
George Weston Limited - Key Employees 6
George Weston Limited - Key Employee Biographies 7
George Weston Limited - Major Products and Services 8
George Weston Limited - History 9
George Weston Limited - Company Statement 10
George Weston Limited - Locations And Subsidiaries 11
Head Office 11
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 11
Section 2 – Company Analysis 13
George Weston Limited - Business Description 13
Business Description - Loblaw 13
Loblaw - Overview 13
Business Description - Weston Foods 13
Weston Foods - Overview 13
George Weston Limited - Corporate Strategy 14
George Weston Limited - SWOT Analysis 15
SWOT Analysis - Overview 15
George Weston Limited - Strengths 15
George Weston Limited - Weaknesses 16
George Weston Limited - Opportunities 17
George Weston Limited - Threats 18
George Weston Limited - Key Competitors 19
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 20
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 20
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 21
Performance Chart 24
Financial Performance 24
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 25
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 26
Section 4 – Company’s Recent Developments 27
Jan 20, 2017: George Weston and Loblaw Companies announce management succession 27
Jan 20, 2017: George Weston and Loblaw Companies announce management succession 28
Jan 20, 2017: George Weston and Loblaw Companies announce management succession 29
Nov 22, 2016: George Weston Q3 net earnings up 30
Section 5 – Appendix 31
Ratio Definitions 31
About GlobalData 35
Contact Us 35
List of Tables
George Weston Limited, Key Facts 5
George Weston Limited, Key Employees 6
George Weston Limited, Key Employee Biographies 7
George Weston Limited, Major Products and Services 8
George Weston Limited, History 9
George Weston Limited, Subsidiaries 11
George Weston Limited, Affiliate 11
George Weston Limited, Key Competitors 19
George Weston Limited, Ratios based on current share price 20
George Weston Limited, Annual Ratios 21
George Weston Limited, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 22
George Weston Limited, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 23
George Weston Limited, Interim Ratios 25
Currency Codes 31
Capital Market Ratios 31
Equity Ratios 32
Profitability Ratios 32
Cost Ratios 33
Liquidity Ratios 33
Leverage Ratios 34
Efficiency Ratios 34
List of Figures
George Weston Limited, Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 24
George Weston Limited, Ratio Charts 26
- Hillshire Brands Company
- Maple Leaf Foods Inc.
- Metro Inc.
- Sobeys Inc.
- Tasty Baking Company
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- FTI Foodtech International Inc.