Nordstrom, Inc. (JWN) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- July 2017
- 35 pages
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Nordstrom, Inc. (Nordstrom) is a specialty fashion retail company. The company offers a wide selection of branded and private label merchandise through its Nordstrom branded full-line stores and online stores, Nordstrom Rack stores, HauteLook, and clearance store operated under Last Chance. Its product portfolio includes apparel, shoes, accessories handbags, bath and beauty products, and home accents, and other accessories. The company has leased stores on leased land, owned stores on leased land and owned stores on owned land located in Alabama, Colorado, Delaware, Wisconsin, Kansas and Kentucky states of the US and Canada. Nordstrom is headquartered in Seattle, Washington, the US.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
List of Tables 4
Section 1 - About the Company 5
Nordstrom, Inc. - Key Facts 5
Nordstrom, Inc. - Key Employees 6
Nordstrom, Inc. - Key Employee Biographies 8
Nordstrom, Inc. - Major Products and Services 9
Nordstrom, Inc. - History 10
Nordstrom, Inc. - Company Statement 17
Nordstrom, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries 19
Head Office 19
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 19
Section 2 – Company Analysis 20
Nordstrom, Inc. - Business Description 20
Business Description - Credit 20
Credit - Overview 20
Credit - Financials 20
Business Description - Retail 20
Retail - Overview 20
Retail - Financials 20
Nordstrom, Inc. - Corporate Strategy 21
Nordstrom, Inc. - SWOT Analysis 22
SWOT Analysis - Overview 22
Nordstrom, Inc. - Strengths 22
Nordstrom, Inc. - Weaknesses 23
Nordstrom, Inc. - Opportunities 24
Nordstrom, Inc. - Threats 25
Nordstrom, Inc. - Key Competitors 26
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 27
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 27
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 28
Financial Performance 29
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 30
Section 4 – Appendix 31
Ratio Definitions 31
About GlobalData 35
Contact Us 35
List of Tables
Nordstrom, Inc., Key Facts 5
Nordstrom, Inc., Key Employees 6
Nordstrom, Inc., Key Employee Biographies 8
Nordstrom, Inc., Major Products and Services 9
Nordstrom, Inc., History 10
Nordstrom, Inc., Other Locations 19
Nordstrom, Inc., Subsidiaries 19
Nordstrom, Inc., Key Competitors 26
Nordstrom, Inc., Ratios based on current share price 27
Nordstrom, Inc., Annual Ratios 28
Nordstrom, Inc., Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 29
Currency Codes 31
Capital Market Ratios 31
Equity Ratios 32
Profitability Ratios 32
Cost Ratios 33
Liquidity Ratios 33
Leverage Ratios 34
Efficiency Ratios 34
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
- Vince Holding Corp
- Saks Incorporated
- Neiman Marcus Group Ltd. LLC
- Macy’s, Inc.
- J.Crew Group, Inc.
- J. C. Penney Corporation, Inc.
- Dillard’s, Inc.