Summary The global smart home market is growing exponentially, attracting an array of service providers, including technology giants and startups to major media players, device makers, big-box retailers, home improvement companies, utilities and telecom network operator. Government mandates and initiatives in addition to the ongoing technology innovations coupled with increased attention paid to conservation- are the major factors contributing in making smart home a place with a bright future. Focus on sustainability, increasing awareness amongst the consumers with regards to energy consumption and regulatory mandates on energy conservation continue to drive smart home adoption trend globally. While adoption is increasing in countries where governments actively support faster broadband services, especially fiber to the home, the costs associated with new equipment, installation and ongoing maintenance are significant deterrents to home automation.
Key Findings - Government mandates and initiatives, ongoing technology innovation and the intense attention paid to conservation all contribute to giving the smart home a bright future.
- The smart home is an attractive opportunity for network operators, thanks to their unique billing relationships and network connections into the home.
- Telcos can improve the value proposition of home automation by implementing a multi-play OTT strategy that offers a range of capabilities, such as security, energy and appliance control.
- Partnerships with companies from different industries are key to ensuring the role of operators in smart home functionality.
- The market is at a fork in the road, going either toward an open ecosystem with heterogeneous devices or toward proprietary platforms that control all device access.
Synopsis The Smart Home: A Growing Fifth-Play Opportunity for Operators,' a Research Report by Pyramid Research, analyzes the smart home strategies of leading network operators in a number of markets across the globe, focusing on their roles in the value chain. It discusses the elements of smart home services, the participants in the ecosystem and a number of smart home strategies available to operators. Attention is paid throughout to the key challenges operators face, including the need for device standardization and interoperability.
The report is organized as follows:
- Introduction: Providing a thorough overview of the smart home market, this section looks at the long-term evolution of the market, the types of services available as well as the main adoption drivers and barriers.
- The smart home ecosystem: This section examines the value chain and the roles of the various types of participants, from broadband providers to device manufacturers, utilities and home security platform providers.
- Telco positioning strategies and marketing opportunities: This section analyzes a number of approaches operators can take to gain competitive advantage in the connected home, including white-labeling, support services, bundling and OTT services.
- Key takeaways: This section whittles down the report into a number of actionable bullet points.
- Case studies: This section analyzes four smart home programs by operators: ATandT's Digital Life platform in the US, Orange's Homelive in France, HKT's Smart Living in Hong Kong and Rogers Communications' Smart Home Monitoring in Canada.
Reasons To Buy - Identify the broad barriers to adoption as well as challenges specific to telecom operators in the smart home market. Assess the role and opportunity of operators in the smart home market and how they can gain competitive advantage over the market's many powerful players.
- Gain information on some of the most valuable experiences by operators in the home automation market, placing them in the context of ongoing market developments and the main technological and competitive challenges.
- The Case studies can be leveraged upon by the operators and cable companies to make informed decisions pertaining to partnering, go-to-market strategies and investments in technologies.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
KEY FINDINGS An intelligent lighting control system is a network application grounded on lighting control technology, separated from other systems such as occupancy sensors, daylight, building controls and lighting timers. It also comprises varied mechanical resolutions and characters that involuntarily controls various...
As the connected home ecosystem continues to grow and the technical complexity of broadband households increase, the technical support needs of consumers change. This report examines consumer support needs for new and emerging connected devices along with the various approaches to problem solving among consumers. It also details support service...
Consumers are entering the smart home market via multiple paths. This report documents the buyer journey, describing intentions for first product/system purchase, actual purchase behavior, user-reported experience at stages of ownership, and how follow-on purchases are made. In addition, the report analyzes channel effectiveness and opportunities...
Global Automotive Intelligent Lighting Market to Grow at a CAGR of 8.44%, in Value from 2018 to 2023 With the advent of automotive intelligent lighting solution, lighting manufacturers enable automotive OEMs to offer enhanced active safety features, such as adaptive lighting and improved interior lighting such as intelligent...
This IDC study provides an overview of the current state of the smart home devices market in the Middle East, Turkey, and Africa region. The market is still nascent but has potential for significant growth. The rate of growth will depend heavily on the strategies of vendors and their ability to meet end user expectations, while fostering collaboration...
This IDC study provides a five-year forecast update for the worldwide smart home device market."While it's still early days for the smart home market, we expect to see considerable growth over the next few years, especially as consumers become more aware of and increasingly interact with smart assistant platforms like Amazon's Alexa and Google...
India Building Automation & Control Systems Market By Industry Segment (Electronic Security & Safety, HVAC Control Systems, & Others), By Communication Protocol (Wired and Wireless) By Application, Competition Forecast & Opportunities, 2013 - 2023 According to “India Building Automation & Control Systems Market By Industry...
KEY FINDINGS The CAGR for the global smart homes market is expected to be 14.75% for the forecast period of 2019-2027. A smart home has its devices interconnected through the internet, and the user can control functions such as security access to the home, temperature, lighting and home theatre. MARKET INSIGHTS The...
269 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Jan 2019
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Home Automation in US$ Million. The US market is further analyzed by the following Functional Areas: Lighting, Security, HVAC, Entertainment, and Others. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of World. Annual...
209 pages •
By Transparency Market Research
• Dec 2018
Global Smart Thermostat Market: Overview This comprehensive report by Transparency Market Research analyzes and forecasts the smart thermostat market at the global and regional levels.The report provides analysis for the period from 2016 to 2026, wherein 2018–2026 is the forecast period and 2017 is the base year. An...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.