Summary The share of the clothing sector in overall retail sales is set to reach 9.1% by 2019. Young and fashion loving South African's always want to look beautiful and attractive. This trend has favored the growth of fast fashion stores in this sector which offers the clothes with new styles and designs at low prices. Increasing competition from department stores and online retailers has led to a surge in the mergers and acquisitions in footwear sector. Conversely, specialist retailers are increasing their product ranges and opting for multi-channel retail sales to withstand the completion.
Key Findings - A wider choice of products, convenience, and the increasing penetration of smartphones is driving the sales of clothing and footwear through the online channel.
- Footwear sales are expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.1% during 2014-2019
- Clothing, footwear, accessories, and luxury goods specialists command the major share, accounting for 74.7% of total sales in the clothing sector followed by department stores.
Synopsis “Clothing and Footwear Retailing in South Africa- Market Summary and Forecasts” is a detailed sector report providing a comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends, forecasts and opportunities to 2019.
What else does this report offer?
- A thorough analysis of consumer trends changing economic and population factors
- Both qualitative and quantitative insights and analysis of the shifting clothing and footwear retail dynamics for men's clothing, women's clothing, children's clothing, men's footwear, women's footwear, and children's footwear from 2009 to 2019
- Sales of clothing and footwear products through the following channels from 2009 to 2019: Clothing, footwear, accessories and luxury goods specialists; department stores; other specialist retailers; online; hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters; value, variety stores and general merchandise retailers; other general and non-specialist direct retailers; cash and carries and warehouse clubs and duty free retailers
- An overview of key clothing and footwear retailers operating across South Africa and their presence across distribution channels
Reasons To Buy - Gain a comprehensive knowledge on clothing and footwear sector in the South Africa retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in clothing and footwear category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing the consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest growing categories including menswear, womenswear, childrenswear, men's footwear, women's footwear and children's footwear in the market, with insights on performance across key channels from 2009, with forecasts until 2019
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the clothing and footwear market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the clothing and footwear market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge - identify opportunities to improve your market share
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Cheese in South Africa by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers total hard/extra hard, semi-hard, soft, spreadable/processed cheese. It excludes cottage cheese, fromage frais/quark/curd/paneer and cheese dips. Market size is based on...
46 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Aug 2018
MEA is one of the smallest regions for dog food globally, with countries at very different levels of economic development and diverse requirements. Shifting demographics and strengthening pet humanisation see smaller dogs gaining popularity, and adoption of premium and ultra-premium foods perceived as highly nutritious and healthy. From a...
Butter and Yellow fats in South Africa by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers all butter, ghee and margarine and spread consumption including table and cooking. Market size comprises sales through all retail and non-retail sales. Market...
46 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Aug 2018
The region saw a decrease in retail volume of computers in 2018. South Africa and Nigeria were exceptions due to the popularity of portable computers and gaming. The fall in computers was due to rising adoption of smartphones and economic uncertainties, though peripherals were stable. While innovation in laptops, with new light convertible...
Sweet Bakery in South Africa by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers wrapped ambient and chilled cakes, pies, tarts and other sweet bakery products. It excludes frozen products. Market size comprises sales through all retail channels...
Oral Hygiene in South Africa by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers toothpaste, toothbrush and mouthwash and ancillary oral hygiene products. Market size comprises sales through all retail channels including direct to consumer and...