Sports and Leisure Equipment Retailing in South Africa - Market Summary and Forecasts ;Comprehensive overview of the market, consumer, and competitive context, with retail sales value and forecasts to 2019
Summary The retail market for sports and leisure equipment is expected to witness a steady growth of 4.07% over the forecast period. The healthy lifestyle trend and continuing demand for sports related merchandise and sportswear will lead the growth of the category sales in the country. In addition, online spending on sports and leisure equipment is predicted to grow at a healthy pace during the next five years, driven by increasing consumer preference for the channel.
Key Findings - Sports equipment was the largest category with 87.1% in retail sales in 2014
- Sales through the online channel are gaining traction, with the channel expected to grow at a CAGR of 21.3% during 2014-2019.
- Specialist retailers dominate the sport and leisure equipment market in South Africa, having accounted for 80.3% of the sales in the segment
Synopsis “Sports and Leisure Equipment Retailing in South Africa - Market Summary and Forecasts” is a detailed sector report providing a comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends, forecasts and opportunities to 2019.
What else does this report offer?
- A thorough analysis of consumer trends changing economic and population factors
- Both qualitative and quantitative insights and analysis of the shifting sports and leisure equipment retail dynamics for sports equipment and toys and games from 2009 to 2019
- Sales of sports and leisure equipment through the following channels from 2009 to 2019: Other specialist retailers; online; hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters; department stores; cash and carries and warehouse clubs; Value, variety stores and general merchandise retailers; other general and non-specialist direct retailers; clothing, footwear, accessories and luxury goods specialists; music, video, book, stationery and entertainment software specialists; convenience stores (including Independents) and gas stations
- An overview of key sports and leisure equipment retailers operating across South Africa and their presence across distribution channels
Reasons To Buy - Gain a comprehensive knowledge on sports and leisure equipment sector in the South Africa retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in sports and leisure equipment category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing the consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest growing categories including sports equipment and toys and games, with insights on performance across key channels from 2009, with forecasts until 2019
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the sports and leisure equipment market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the sports and leisure equipment market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge - identify opportunities to improve your market share
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Cheese in South Africa by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers total hard/extra hard, semi-hard, soft, spreadable/processed cheese. It excludes cottage cheese, fromage frais/quark/curd/paneer and cheese dips. Market size is based on...
46 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Aug 2018
MEA is one of the smallest regions for dog food globally, with countries at very different levels of economic development and diverse requirements. Shifting demographics and strengthening pet humanisation see smaller dogs gaining popularity, and adoption of premium and ultra-premium foods perceived as highly nutritious and healthy. From a...
Butter and Yellow fats in South Africa by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers all butter, ghee and margarine and spread consumption including table and cooking. Market size comprises sales through all retail and non-retail sales. Market...
46 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Aug 2018
The region saw a decrease in retail volume of computers in 2018. South Africa and Nigeria were exceptions due to the popularity of portable computers and gaming. The fall in computers was due to rising adoption of smartphones and economic uncertainties, though peripherals were stable. While innovation in laptops, with new light convertible...
Sweet Bakery in South Africa by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers wrapped ambient and chilled cakes, pies, tarts and other sweet bakery products. It excludes frozen products. Market size comprises sales through all retail channels...
Oral Hygiene in South Africa by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers toothpaste, toothbrush and mouthwash and ancillary oral hygiene products. Market size comprises sales through all retail channels including direct to consumer and...