Summary In 2015, the Czech Republic will be the fourth-largest telecom services market in Central and Eastern Europe after Russia, Poland and Romania, with estimated revenue of $3.5bn (Kc85.7bn), or 1.9% of nominal GDP, a 2.3% decrease in local currency compared with the previous year. This revenue decline is mostly driven by the mobile market as price competition among mobile network operators and between MNOs and MVNOs intensifies and as voice services increasingly become a commodity.
Pyramid Research forecasts negative service revenue CAGR of -0.1% between 2015 and 2020 in local currency (3.5% CAGR in US dollars due to some currency appreciation compared to the dollar through to 2020 after the strong depreciation occurred in 2015). Telecom service revenue in local currency will decline until 2017 and will increase slightly afterward to Kc85.5bn ($4.2bn) in 2020. The major growth contribution will come from mobile data, pay-TV and fixed broadband - thanks to customers switching to fiber, VDSL and LTE networks and purchasing IPTV services within multiplay bundles.
Key Findings - Fixed circuit-switched revenue will fall at a CAGR of -12.7% in local currency in 2015-2020, due to ongoing migration mostly to mobile but also to packet-switched services. Mobile revenue will remain predominant in the Czech Republic, thanks to an increase in mobile data revenue and low adoption of fixed telephony.
- Adoption of 3G technologies is at 59% of the mobile subscription base in 2015; Pyramid Research projects this will decline in the forecast period to 40.7%, due to a gradual switch to 4G. LTE subscriptions will reach 6.3m by year-end 2020, 40.5% of total mobile subscriptions in the Czech Republic. The growth is driven by operator investment in 4G and the increasing demand for fast mobile broadband Internet, bundled with the growing penetration of smartphones.
- The total number of fixed access lines will decline by -1.7% year-over-year to 3.95m at year-end 2015, due to further fixed voice line disconnections. Pyramid Research expects the number of access lines to decrease at a CAGR of 0.8% to 3.8m by year-end 2020.
- The number of fixed broadband lines will grow from 3m in 2015 to 3.35m in 2020, and FTTH/B will account for the largest share of net additions through 2020.
Synopsis “Czech Republic: Market to Return to Revenue Growth in 2018 as LTE Service Adoption Drives Up Mobile Revenue” provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the Czech telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Czech Republic in a regional context; a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the Central and Eastern Europe region
- Economic, demographic and political context in Czech Republic
- The regulatory environment and trends; a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability, and more
- A demand profile; analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and data, and pay-TV markets
- The service evolution; a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and by voice, data and video in the current year as well as the end of the forecast period
- The competitive landscape; an examination of key trends in competition and service providers' performance, revenue market shares and expected moves over the next 18-24 months
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, mobile voice and data services, and pay-TV services; a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by technology/platform as well as operator, average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period
- Main opportunities; this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets in the Czech Republic
Reasons To Buy - This Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of current business strategies and future trends of the Czech telecommunications and pay-TV market, service providers and key opportunities based on insights directly from the local market players in a concise format.
- The report offers executives understanding of the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in the Czech Republic mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and build proactive growth strategies to meet customer's demand.
- The competitive landscape and the major players in the markets are given extra attention, enabling local players or prospective market entrants to gain the insight they need. The broad but detailed perspective will help telecom industry players to succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in the Czech Republic.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The report concludes with an exploration of the opportunities available in the Czech market to operators, vendors and investors.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
458 pages •
By Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd
• Jul 2018
Europe’s MNOs progressing on path to 5G Europe remains a global workhorse in the development of mobile technologies, services and applications. Vendors within the region have been at the forefront of technological progress, and they remain so with the ongoing migration to 5G. The region includes some smaller countries...
"Operator enterprise revenue is expected to increase over the forecast period as revenue growth in mobile data, broadband and IoT services offsets declines in legacy services." This report provides an outlook on the telecoms and ICT services market in South Africa for micro, small...
Tower infrastructure service providers evolved in Asia/Pacific originally for the sole purpose of reducing opex and capex at the communications service providers. In some countries, such as India, Malaysia, and Indonesia, the towercos have done exactly that. With the establishment of China Tower in the PRC, a new business model has emerged...
This IDC Technology Assessment reviews the main options available to mobile operators for offering LPWA connectivity services."Any mobile operator with a substantial enterprise business should be evaluating the deployment of low-power/wide-area (LPWA) coverage," said John Delaney, Associate VP of Mobility Research for IDC Europe. "This report...
5G: Fixed Wireless - An Early 5G Use Case Summary "5G: Fixed Wireless - An Early 5G Use Case", a research report by GlobalData, examines the 5G fixed wireless (FWA) use cases for telcos. Leveraging primary and secondary research, the report provides an overview of the 5G FWA environment and assessment of the telcos...
"Stiff competition and saturated markets are leading operators to focus on increased data transfer speeds." This report examines the key trends and drivers, and provides telecoms market forecasts for mobile communication services in the developed Asia–Pacific (DVAP) region. It includes worldwide context...
This IDC study analyzes the U.S. mobile consumer and business services market outlook for 2018-2022. This study discusses the key market trends impacting both the consumer and business wireless market segments within the United States and examines the key market challenges and competitive dynamics to watch in 2018 and beyond. Forecasts for...
"Mobile data services will drive mobile service revenue growth in Sub-Saharan Africa between 2018 and 2023, but mobile voice will continue to be a key contributor to service revenue." This report analyses the most important trends and drivers that are affecting mobile telecoms services in Sub-Saharan Africa...
"Operators’ considerable investments in better coverage and networks will have a positive impact on mobile revenue, and will drive data consumption and smartphone adoption." This report examines the key trends and drivers, and provides telecoms market forecasts for mobile communication services in Latin America. It...
This country report and accompanying data annex provide a comprehensive overview of Estonia's telecoms market, including KPIs and data on subscribers, penetration, revenue and ARPU. The report analyses the strategies of major players in the country's fixed and mobile telecoms markets, and includes market share data and operators' infrastructure...