Summary The entire FMCG industry is influenced by the human search for "better." It is this notion that drives the Premiumization and Indulgence trend across the market, and supports its continued growth.
Key Findings - Baby care products are most likely to be purchased from the premium sector, in line with consumers' willingness to buy "the best they can" for their child. This highlights the importance of relative premiumization; that is trading up from budget to the mainstream, or premium to super-premium, depending on one's resources.
- In food, Premiumization and Indulgence is both the new wave of comfort eating, using high-end indulgent foods and ingredients as small rewards, and a route to self-branding.
- The habitual nature of tobacco usage highlights the paradox of premium consumption. Tobacco consumers are brand-loyal, with only 17% of smokers saying they often experiment in their product choice and more regular smokers being more likely to say they do not notice how much they spend.
Synopsis "TrendSights: Premiumization and Indulgence" explores the aspirational behavior that drives the purchase of higher-priced, more luxury items, and its influence on FMCG innovation. Your key questions answered:
- How relevant is Premiumization and Indulgence to my market?
- What is indulgence worth?
- Which categories are consumers most willing to trade up on?
- How can I capture the interest of those most, and least, willing to spend?
Reasons To Buy - Understand which audiences are most affected by the Premiumization and Indulgence trend. Compare the presence of this trend in each industry across the FMCG space, and learn what the key opportunities are.
- See the actions that major brands are taking to get ahead of the greater interest in Premiumization and Indulgence.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Plastic fantastic: Environmental concerns are expected to increase, negatively affecting the industry Abstract Plastic Bottle Manufacturing in the US The Plastic Bottle Manufacturing industry manufactures a range of bottles from various plastic compounds based on their end use. These are then sold to...
The global pyrethrin market accounted for US$ 235.35 million in 2019 and is expected to reach US$ 353.53 million by 2027; it is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 5.3% during the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Pyrethrin is widely used in veterinary medicine for agricultural and domestic purposes. It is used for the treatment of ectoparasites...
The global multi cleaners market grew at a CAGR of around 6% during 2014-2019. Multi-purpose cleaners are widely used for cleaning several surfaces such as windows, floors, carpets, upholsteries, etc. In the residential sector, multi-cleaners protect individuals from germs and infections along with rendering comfort...
TrendSights Analysis: Health & Wellness - All Aboard the Plant Wagon
"TrendSights Analysis: Health & Wellness - All Aboard the Plant Wagon" explores what the trend is, what drives it, who is most influenced by it, and how brands and manufacturers can capitalize on it. The research concludes...
81 pages •
By Infiniti Research Limited
• Sep 2016
About Global Dishwashing Detergent Market The global dishwashing detergent market is largely characterized by the presence of P&G, Unilever, Henkel, Reckitt Benckiser, and Colgate-Palmolive, which, together, accounted for a significant share (46.26%) of the market in 2015. The market is largely dominated by established vendors, and...
67 pages •
By Infiniti Research Limited
• Jul 2017
About Cartoning Equipment Cartoning equipment is a packaging machine that creates ready-to-use cartons by erecting, closing, folding, side seaming, and sealing the boxes. This equipment is also known as a cartoner. The equipment is of two types: horizontal and vertical. The global packaging machinery market is the parent...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.