Summary The haircare market value in Spain is expected to increase only 6.5% over the period 2016-19, while Europe overall has forecast growth of 7.5% for the same time period. This shows different approaches need to be used by cosmetic companies in order to find some differentiation and success in this highly competitive environment. Companies are thus motivated to adopt new strategies, and the use of nature-inspired formulations, plant-derived ingredients, and "natural" beauty oils is one way to stand out on the shelf, as seen in many shampoo launches in the last year.
Key Findings - This onion shampoo, based on a traditional "natural" remedy (the use of onion juice to strengthen hair and prevent hair loss), capitalizes on the rising popularity of "natural" remedies and alternative therapies in the country to appeal to Spanish shoppers and convince them of its effectiveness and expected results. Belief in the idea the product works as promised, which also implies higher quality, is also supported by its professional image, as the shampoo is only distributed through medical retailers (including pharmacies and herbalist shops).
- The product based its promotion on online marketing strategies and online PR activities involving social media and beauty bloggers. These proved very successful tools to influence consumers' final purchasing decisions.
Synopsis "Success Case Study: Nuggela and Sulé" is part of Canadean's Successes and Failures research and explores the reasons for the success of this product in Spain.
- WHAT? Understand the characteristics of Nuggela and Sulé shampoo.
- WHY? Discover how Nuggela and Sulé succeed with its interesting cosmeceutical approach.
- TAKE-OUT: Learn from this intelligent strategy, seeking further opportunities in the haircare segment.
Reasons To Buy - Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
15 pages •
By Global Research & Data Services
• Apr 2018
The report Hair Product Market in Spain to 2022 offers the most up-to-date industry data on the actual market situation, and future outlook for hair products in Spain. The research includes historical data from 2011 to 2017 and forecasts until 2022 which makes the report an invaluable resource for industry executives,...
Shampoo and Conditioners in Spain by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers shampoos and hair conditioners for men, women and includes unisex products. Market value is based on sales through all retail channels including direct to consumer,...
Shampoo (Haircare) Market in Spain - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary Shampoo (Haircare) Market in Spain - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics is a broad level market review of Shampoo market of Spain. The research handbook provides the up-to-date market size...
Summary Nuggela & Sulé is an onion shampoo sold in Spain. Since its launch in 2014, it has enjoyed great success. This case study looks at how this shampoo differs from more mass-market traditional brands, analyzes the reasons for its success, and provides an insight into the changing behavior of Spanish consumers when purchasing...