Summary The telecommunications market in Indonesia will generated revenue of $10.9bn in 2015. The telecom services revenue will grow at a CAGR of 1.3% over the 2015-2020 period, drive by growth in mobile data, fixed VoIP, fixed broadband and pay-TV. Mobile data, which will continue to be the largest revenue-contributing segment over 2015-2020, will grow at a CAGR of 5%, while fixed VoIP, fixed broadband and pay-TV will register a CAGR of 9.5%, 3.5% and 9.9%, respectively. We expect mobile subscriptions in Indonesia to grow at a CAGR of 1.5% over 2015-2020. Going forward, operators should seize opportunities in mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV segments, while vendors should position themselves to offer technology-compatible smartphones and network devices.
Key Findings - The overall telecom service revenue in Indonesia is estimated to increase by 8.2% over 2014 to reach $10.9bn in 2015. · From 2015 to 2020, the Indonesian telecommunications market will see service revenue grow at a 1.3% CAGR, boosted by mobile and fixed data and pay-TV segments.
- Mobile revenue will account for 82.9% of the total telecom market in 2020. Mobile data will remain an important driver of this trend, as it will expand at a 5% CAGR from 2015 to 2020.
- We expect the contribution of Internet access to fixed services revenue will increase from 39.4% in 2015 to 43.8% in 2020.
- PT Telkom leads in both fixed and mobile segments. In the mobile segment, it faces significant competition from Indosat and XL Axiata and other smaller players, such as MKM and LinkNet.
Synopsis “Indonesia: Government Initiatives and Operator Investment to Drive Fixed and Mobile Data Growth” provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Indonesia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the Indonesian telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases. The Country Intelligence
Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: Telecom market size and trends in Indonesia compared with other countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Indonesia.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plan, SIM registration, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, fixed Internet, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2013 to 2020.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Indonesia's telecommunications market.
Reasons To Buy - Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of the telecommunications market in Indonesia, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in the Indonesian mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer's demand.
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the telecom market in Indonesia.
- Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Indonesia.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The global telecom towers market was valued at 4342.520 thousand units in 2020, and it is projected to be 5308.088 thousand units by 2026, registering a CAGR of 3.34% over the period 2021-2026. The leasing concept has enabled the MNOs to invest heavily in developing their infrastructure and reach across rural regions, thus bringing new revenues...
This IDC study examines the Canadian communication services sector market shares and provides a competitive overview of each market segment for the full year 2020. "The COVID-19 pandemic crisis underscores the importance of next-generation network technologies for digital transformation of enterprises and 21st century economies," says study...
The global broadcast equipment market was valued at USD 4.43 billion in 2020. It is expected to reach a value of USD 6.13 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 5.66% during 2021-2026. The growing number of devices capable of supporting digital media along with increasing access to high-speed internet has provided consumers with an option...
Peru Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report Summary "Peru Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report , provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Peru today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2025. Published...
160 pages •
By Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd
• Jul 2021
Costa Rica’s 5G mobile inches closer A slight indication that Costa Rica might finally be moving towards a rollout of 5G mobile services occurred in June 2021 when the Ministry of Science, Technology, and Telecommunications announced that it was seeking to recover 5G-suitable frequencies from the state-owned...
The microwave transmission equipment market was valued at US$ 3,135.6 million in 2020 and is projected to reach US$ 5,330.1 million by 2028; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.3% from 2021 to 2028. Factors such as technological enhancements in LTE advanced, 4G, and other new connectivity technology standards along with 5G is proliferating...
Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
"Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report , provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in DRC today, with...
India Tech - Thematic Research
India is one of the fastest-growing economies globally, with an average annual growth rate of 7% between 2014 and 2019. It is the second-most populous country with over 1.3 billion people, more than half of whom are under 25, and it is witnessing a rise in...
246 pages •
By Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd
• Jul 2021
Caribbean’s second major telco lives to fight another day Faced with an unsustainable amount of debt, the Caribbean’s second biggest telco (and only major competitive threat to the regional incumbent Cable and Wireless Communications) pulled off a comprehensive restructuring deal that has, for now,...
167 pages •
By Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd
• Mar 2021
South Pacific Islands benefiting from improved international telecoms infrastructure The demand for data-based services in the Pacific region is growing, aligning with similar trends around the world. In particular, the demand for mobile broadband is increasing due to mobile services being the primary and most...
Papua New Guinea
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.