Summary The telecommunications market in Ghana generated revenue of $1.1bn in 2015. Overall services revenue will grow at a CAGR of 1.0% over the 2015-2020 period, mainly aided by the growth in the mobile data segment, which is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 14.7% over the forecast period. We expect mobile subscriptions in Ghana to grow at a CAGR of 7.0%, over 2015-2020. Going forward, operators should leverage opportunities existing in mobile broadband services, while vendors should position themselves to support operators' 3G and 4G network expansion plans to cater to the rising data demands by end users.
Key Findings - The overall telecom services revenue in Ghana decreased by 12.6% over 2014 to reach $1.1bn in 2015.
- From 2015 to 2020, the telecom market in Ghana will see service revenue grow at a CAGR of 1.0%, boosted by the mobile data segment.
- Mobile revenue will account for 97.2% of the total telecom market in 2020. Mobile data will be an important driver of this trend, as it will expand at a CAGR of 14.7% between 2015 and 2020.
- We expect the contribution of Internet access to fixed services revenue will increase from 38.9% in 2015 to 55.2% in 2020.
- Ghana is one of the most competitive markets in West Africa with six mobile network operators, two fixed operators (Vodafone and Airtel) and various ISPs. MTN Ghana will continue to lead the telecom market despite increasing competition from other players.
Synopsis “Ghana: Growth in Overall Revenue Expected Despite the High Concentration of Players in the Market” provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Ghana today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Ghanaian telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: Telecom market size and trends in Ghana compared with other countries in the Africa and Middle East region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Ghana.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, fixed Internet, mobile voice and mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2013 to 2020.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Ghana's telecommunications market.
Reasons To Buy - Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of the telecommunications market in Ghana, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Ghana's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer's demand.
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the telecom market in Ghana.
- Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Ghana.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
For nearly a century, the critical communications industry has relied on narrowband LMR (Land Mobile Radio) networks for mission-critical voice and low-speed data services. Over time, these systems have evolved from relatively basic analog radios to digital communications technologies, such as P25 (Project 25) and TETRA,...
Diameter signaling market to exhibit significant growth potential from 2020 to 2025 The overall Diameter signaling market was valued at USD 1.1 billion in 2020 and is projected to reach USD 1.6 billion by 2025; expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.1%. The market growth is driven by the increasing number of smartphone...
163 pages •
By Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd
• Aug 2020
Zimbabwe since 2019 has been hit by significant macro-economic difficulties, a climate-related drought, and the effects of COVID-19. Revenue from the telecom sector came under pressure from a number of recent regulatory measures and taxes imposed by the cash-strapped government, though to alleviate the effects of inflation,...
235 pages •
By Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd
• Jul 2020
Mobile operators across the Middle East have faced extraordinary challenges in 2020 with the COVID-19 pandemic impacting on most facets of mobile services and operations. The operators have had to quickly meet the increased demand for online communication and Internet services, stemming from citizens working and studying...
Guinea-Bissau Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report Summary "Guinea-Bissau Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report", a Country Intelligence Report by the analyst, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Guinea Bissau today, with detailed forecasts of...
The Mobile Edge Computing Market was valued at USD 186.2 Million in 2019, and it is estimated to be worth USD 736.18 Million by 2025, registering a CAGR of 26.4% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025). Enterprises across industries are beginning to drive new levels of performance and productivity by deploying different technological innovations,...
The 5G fixed wireless access market was valued at USD 503 million in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 86,669 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 135.9% from 2020 to 2026. The growth of the 5G fixed wireless access market is expected to be driven by the increased wireless network capacity and high speed offered by high-frequency millimeter...
The global 5G in defense market size is projected to grow from USD 64 million in 2020 to USD 1,318 million by 2025, at a CAGR of 57.9% from 2020 to 2025. Factors such as the are the Higher network speed, and lower latency in 5G, and growing adoption of autonomous and connected devices are driving factors assisting the growth of 5G in the defense...
273 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Sep 2020
Global Mobile Data Protection Market to Reach $12.4 Billion by 2027 Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Mobile Data Protection estimated at US$2.4 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$12.4 Billion by 2027, growing at aCAGR of 26.6% over the period 2020-2027. Software, one of the segments...
The global in-building wireless market size is projected to grow from USD 10.3 billion in 2020 to USD 18.0 billion by 2025, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 11.9% during the forecast period. Major factors such as the need for unique and defined network quality and public safety requirements in buildings are expected to drive the...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.