Summary The Americas duty free market will outpace pre-recession levels and grow faster during 2015-2020 at a CAGR of 5.1% to US$7.4 billion. Increase in number of international arrivals, expansion of duty free retail space, entry of established European duty free operators and upcoming major events will drive growth in the region. The US is the largest market for duty free sales in the Americas and will record highest value growth on the back of ongoing modernization of airports, duty free retail space and high influx of Chinese travelers. Health and beauty is the largest category, while luggage and leather goods is set grow fastest at 8.8%. Currency devaluation and political and economic instability will have short-term effect on Latin American markets; however, untapped tourism potential, growing arrival duty free, opening of new duty free outlets and sporting events in these countries will keep the long-term growth potential intact.
Key Findings - The US duty free retail market accounts for 67.8% of the total regional market, and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 5.0% during 2015-2020
- Weakness in Canadian Dollar will attract higher visits and spending from the US and Asian travelers, leading Canada to produce the highest CAGR of 7.6% in the region
- Health and beauty will achieve largest value growth of US$0.7 billion, driven by entry of new brands, expansion of existing brands and new concepts
- Currency devaluation and worries surrounding Zika virus affected Brazilian duty free but it remains attractive due to upcoming Rio Olympics and growing arrival duty free
- International duty free operators increasing their presence in the Americas via strategic partnerships and new channels, including onboard cruise and inflight duty free
Synopsis The “Duty Free Retailing in the Americas, 2015-2020” report, published by Verdict Research, provides analysis of current and forecast market data for retail sales in different product categories sold through duty free channel across the Americas.
What else does this report offer?
- Current market sizes and forecasts to 2020 by country and category; Covers nine countries in the Americas - Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, US and Venezuela and 20 categories, including clothing, consumer electronics, drinks, footwear, homewares, jewelry, watches and accessories, luggage and leather goods, packaged food, health and beauty, photographic equipment, printed media, sports equipment, tobacco, toys and games, and others
- Market insights based on consumer trends and changing economic and demographic factors on a regional and country basis
- International arrivals by country and top 10 source countries for international arrivals in each country
- Retail sales and fastest-growing markets for duty free channel
- Category level retail sales and forecast growth rates for each country
- Competitive landscape covering market share of major duty free operators in the region and their five year duty free sales and trading update analysis, duty free location wise latest developments, recent key events, and outlook
Reasons To Buy Get immediate access to:
- Get reliable duty free retail sales data on nine countries in the Americas for 2015 with forecasts for 2020, and identify the largest and fastest-growing markets to inform market expansion and to manage risk
- Explore an in-depth analysis of duty free retail sales data by country and categories to spot and target key categories in each country, and use to plan growth opportunities and develop strategies for each
- Learn from duty free retail trends and market drivers to customize your entry/expansion approach depending on the duty free retail landscape
- Make country level comparisons to effectively target new revenue streams and align marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing duty free spending in the region
- Choose partners , understand the competition, with data and analysis of major duty free operators in the region, including market shares, trading performance, locations, latest developments, and the outlook for each
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Duty-Free Liquor Market by Type (Beer, Wine, Vodka, Cognac, and Whiskey) and Channel (Cruise liners, Airport, Railway Station, Border, downtown, and hotel shops): Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2019-2026 The global duty-free liquor market size was valued at $2.8 billion in 2018, and is expected to...
UK Convenience Retailing 2019 - 2024 Summary The UK Convenience Retailing 2019-2024 report forms part of Retail Channels Series, and offers a comprehensive insight into the consumer and market dynamics of the UK convenience market. The report provides in-depth analysis of the key drivers and inhibitors...
Executive Summary A comprehensive research report created through extensive primary research (inputs from industry experts, companies and stakeholders) and secondary research, the report aims to present the analysis of Global Compounding Pharmacies Market. The report has further analysed the Compounding Pharmacies Market...
The global ketogenic diet market accounted to US$ 9,696.8 Mn in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.5% during the forecast period 2019 - 2027, to account to US$ 15,640.6 Mn by 2027. The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, low carb diet that has numerous health benefits such as weight reduction and lowering of blood pressure. Adoption of...
The electronic shelf label market (ESL Market) is expected to reach more than $2 billion by 2024, growing at an impressive CAGR of around 27% during 2018–2024. The rise in the retail environment is one of the prominent factors driving the global ESL market. The growing trend of retail stores to reduce the number of paper sheets to label...
The global fuel card market is estimated to account to US$ 6.29 Bn in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.8% during the forecast period 2019 – 2027, to account to US$ 10.39 Bn by 2027. The increasing penetration of digitization in various industries, including logistics and transportation, is driving the demand for efficient and transparent...
79 pages •
By Persistence Market Research
• Aug 2019
Animal Drug Compounding Market: Introduction The latest market report on the U.S. animal drug compounding market evaluates the opportunities and current market scenario, and provides insights and updates about the corresponding segments involved in the U.S. animal drug compounding market during the forecast period 2019-2029....
The European online pharmacy market is estimated to reach US$10.88 billion in 2023, growing at a CAGR of 4.20% for the period spanning from 2019 to 2023. The factors such as increasing aging population, increasing internet accessibility, growing e-commerce and rising economic growth are expected to drive the market. However, growth of the...
244 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Oct 2019
Fuel Tank market worldwide is projected to grow by US$6.2 Billion, driven by a compounded growth of 5.3%. Plastic Fuel Tank, one of the segments analyzed and sized in this study, displays the potential to grow at over 5.1%. The shifting dynamics supporting this growth makes it critical for businesses in this space to keep abreast of the changing...
Market Overview The Vietnamese retail sector is projected to register strong double-digit growth during the forecast period, 2019 to 2024. The market is segmented by product category, distribution channel, and market dynamics. - Modern retail outlets also offer private brands/products that can be exclusively purchased...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.