Summary Consumers were price cautious and cut their spending due to increased prices in the service sector, which was a result of the introduction of the euro last year resulted in the drop in the consumption of Juice. Due to a loss of consumer interest, and a perception of being low quality, consumption of alcoholic beverages remained stable in Q1-16. Dairy drinks volume remained mostly stable in Q1-16; growth was prevented by consumers' willingness to save money. Consumers preferred to save money and purchased both hot coffee and hot tea via price discounts.
Key Findings - While the beer market remained stable, new products helped to sustain the volume. Local smaller breweries working in the craft beer market introduced many new beers in various segments such IPA, ale and lager.
- Due to high prices consumers have not been attracted to iced/rtd tea drinks and therefore the market has continued to decline.
- All the dairy drinks categories performed similarly with a positive increase in Q1-16. This is due to the health and wellness trend, as dairy products more often were included in healthy diets.
- Consumption in Horeca also stagnated and the growth was prevented by increased prices in the Horeca sector.
Synopsis Canadean's Lithuania Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q1-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Top line consumption volumes for Q1-2016 vs. Q1-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q1-2016 vs. Q1-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs. low calorie, and key flavour
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs. brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavour, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
- Our annual Q1 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks with local provenance
Reasons To Buy - Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Lithuania beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Lithuania to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyse the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry 'hot topic' offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Report Synopsis Food & beverages and oil & gas sectors are the two largest consumers of Xanthan gum globally, where these two applications segments are estimated to corner a market share in excess of 80% together. Xanthan gum is used in wide range food products, such as sauces, dressings, meat and poultry products, bakery...
110 pages •
By Infiniti Research Limited
• Oct 2018
About Rum Rum is a distilled alcoholic drink and is prepared from sugarcane byproducts like molasses or directly from sugarcane juice by fermentation and distillation. Technavio’s analysts forecast the Global Rum Market to grow at a CAGR of 1.91% during the period 2018-2022. Covered in this report The...
The integrated food ingredients market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.9%. The integrated food ingredients market is estimated at USD 60.90 billion in 2018 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.9% to reach USD 77.48 billion by 2023. The market is driven by factors such as increasing R&D and technological advancements in various industries,...
Global Food Preservatives Market: Analysis By Type (Antioxidants, Antimicrobials, Others), By Application (Bakery, Dairy Products, Meat & Poultry, Beverage, Others), By Region, By Country (2018 Edition): Forecast to 2023 – By region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, ROW), By Country (U.S, Mexico, Canada, U.K, Germany, France, China,...
Bottled Water in Austria by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers all packaged still, sparkling and flavoured water. Market size is based on retail (off trade) and non-retail (on trade) sales. Market size for Bottled Water in Austria...
Bottled Water in Switzerland by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers all packaged still, sparkling and flavoured water. Market size is based on retail (off trade) and non-retail (on trade) sales. Market size for Bottled Water in Switzerland...