Summary Food and grocery the largest product category, accounting for 59.8% of total retail sales in 2015. From EUR41.8 billion in 2015, the food and grocery retail market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 1.89% over the forecast period, to reach EUR45.9 billion by 2020. An increasing number of smaller formats and cheaper product offerings from the major retailers is the major driving factor for food and grocery sales in the country
Key Findings - Per capita expenditure on food and grocery stood at EUR3,729.9 in 2015, and is expected to rise to EUR4,012.9 by 2020
- Convenience stores are gaining popularity and command the majority of sales, having accounted for 40.9% of sales in 2015
- Sales through online channel are expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.37% during 2015-2020
Synopsis “Food and Grocery Retailing in Belgium - Market Summary and Forecasts” is a detailed sector report providing a comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends, forecasts and opportunities to 2020.
What else does this report offer?
- A thorough analysis of consumer trends changing economic and population factors
- Both qualitative and quantitative insights and analysis of the shifting food and grocery retail dynamics for drinks, household products, packaged food, tobacco and unpackaged food from 2010 to 2020
- Sales of food and grocery products through the following channels from 2010 to 2020: Hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters; food and drinks specialists; convenience stores (including Independents) and gas stations; cash and carries and warehouse clubs; other general and non-specialist direct retailers; value, variety stores and general merchandise retailers; online; drug stores and health and beauty stores; vending machines; duty free retailers; department stores; other specialist retailers
- An overview of key food and grocery retailers operating across Belgium and their presence across distribution channels
Reasons To Buy - Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in the Belgium retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing the consumer behaviour
- Understand the fastest growing categories including drinks, household products, packaged food, unpackaged food and tobacco in the market, with insights on performance across key channels from 2010, with forecasts until 2020
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge - identify opportunities to improve your market share
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
156 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Mar 2021
Retailing in Saudi Arabia was hit hard in 2020 as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, which resulted in a major slowdown of economic activity due to the government-imposed curfew and social distancing legislation. Also, the government raised value added tax (VAT) from 5% to 15% in July 2020. Retailing in Saudi Arabia report offers insight...
78 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Mar 2021
Retailing in Bolivia was first negatively affected by social and political conflict that occurred at the end of 2019. The effect of social unrest on the economy lingered and was aggravated significantly during 2020 due to the pandemic and the lockdown that followed. Unemployment rose sharply and consumer disposable incomes decreased. This...
Thailand is one of the most urbanized societies, with a population of nearly 66 million, of which, about 50.5% comprises of the urban population. Thailand is the second largest economy in Southeast Asia. The capital city of Bangkok is a social hub of Thailand, with a flourishing retail industry market. It fascinated not only Thai residents,...
Australia’s Retail Sales grew 3.7 % Y-o-Y in Sep 2018, compared with a 3.7 % increase in the previous month. This sector is segmented on the basis of product category, distribution channel, and market dynamics.
Australia is one of the most urbanized societies in the world, with about 24 million...
Summary Canada's retail sector is expected to witness healthy growth over the next five years backed by improving economic conditions, government efforts at boosting domestic consumption, relatively low inflation levels, and increasing disposable income. Rising number of internet users and increasing adoption of mobile devices is...
Summary Food and grocery accounted for 48% of total market retail sales in 2015. From CAD137 billion in 2015, the food and grocery retail market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 3.44% over the forecast period, to reach CAD163 billion by 2020. Rising disposable income, an ongoing trend of rapid urbanization, rapid adoption of private...
Summary Canada's retail market for electrical and electronics holds a market share of 10.4% in 2015. The electronics and electrical products market in the country is mature and has been witnessing a modest growth over the past few years. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.52% to reach CAD33.8 billion by 2020. During 2015-2020,...
Summary Canada's retail market for clothing is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 3.3% over the next five years, to reach CAD27 billion by the end of 2020. The share of the clothing sector in overall retail sales is set to reach 8.11% by 2020, from 8.08% in 2015. Over the forecast period, the per capita spending on clothing is forecast...
Summary The retail market for home and garden products recorded sales of CAD40.3 billion in 2015 and is anticipated to reach CAD47.3 billion by 2020, registering a CAGR of 3.22% in 2015-2020. Increasing demand for housing, coupled with changing consumer lifestyles to furnish the houses with opulent products is expected to give positive...
Summary With a share of 4.6% in 2015, the furniture and floor coverings market is set to witness a CAGR of 3.19% over the forecast period, to reach retail sales of CAD14.9 billion by 2020. The industry is mature and the entry of international retailers IKEA has led other retailers to expand their existing product lines with the latest...
Household Consumption Expenditure
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.