Summary With a share of 3.5% of overall retail, the market for books, news, and stationery reached EUR62.43 billion in 2015. Furthermore, the market is forecast to decline at a CAGR of -0.35% over the next five years, to reach a sales value of EUR2.39 billion in 2020. Spend per head on books, news, and stationery will decrease at a CAGR of -0.8% during the next five years.
Key Findings - E-books are slowly gaining traction in the country due to their convenience and are getting popular among the young age groups
- The market is dominated by the domestic players
- Online spending on books, news, and stationery is anticipated to increase at a CAGR of 7.24% for 2015-2020.
Synopsis “Books, News and Stationery Retailing in Belgium - Market Summary and Forecasts” is a detailed sector report providing a comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends, forecasts and opportunities to 2020.
What else does this report offer?
- A thorough analysis of consumer trends changing economic and population factors
- Both qualitative and quantitative insights and analysis of the shifting books, news and stationery retail dynamics for printed media, stationery and cards from 2010 to 2020
- Sales of books, news and stationery products through the following channels from 2010 to 2020: Music, video, book, stationery and entertainment software specialists; convenience stores (including Independents) and gas stations; online; other specialist retailers; hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters; cash and carries and warehouse clubs; value, variety stores and general merchandise retailers; department stores; other general and non-specialist direct retailers
- An overview of key books, news and stationery retailers operating across Belgium and their presence across distribution channels
Reasons To Buy - Gain a comprehensive knowledge on books, news and stationery sector in the Belgium retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in books, news and stationery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing the consumer behaviour
- Understand the fastest growing categories including printed media and stationery and cards, with insights on performance across key channels from 2010, with forecasts until 2020
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the books, news and stationery market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the books, news and stationery market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge - identify opportunities to improve your market share
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
149 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Oct 2019
Book Publishing market worldwide is projected to grow by US$13 Billion, driven by a compounded growth of 1.6%. Education Books, one of the segments analyzed and sized in this study, displays the potential to grow at over 2%. The shifting dynamics supporting this growth makes it critical for businesses in this space to keep abreast of the changing...
Closed book: Falling demand for printed publications continues to reduce revenue Abstract Newsagents and Book Retailers in Australia Operators in the industry primarily retail newspapers, books and magazines. Industry players may operate as independent businesses, as part of a retail chain of stores...
135 pages •
By Infiniti Research Limited
• Sep 2019
Global Magazine Publishing Market: About this market This magazine publishing market analysis considers sales from both print and digital types. Our report also considers the sales of magazine publishing in APAC, Europe, North America, South America, and MEA. In 2018, the print segment had a significant market share,...
Turning the page: Intense external competition is expected to keep the industry in decline Abstract Book Stores in the US Despite a strengthening domestic economy and rising per capita disposable income, the Book Stores industry has contracted over the five years to 2019. The trend toward online shopping...
The Europe electronic shelf label market (ESL market) is expected to grow at an impressive CAGR of around 25%during 2018–2024. The emergence of omnichannel and retail reality, the rise of dynamic pricing, increased retail automation, and the use of green technology in business operations are some of the prominent factors that are expected...
A closed book: Competition from online and external operators has affected profit Abstract Book Stores in Australia Indiustry firms primarily retail books. These companies can also retail audio books, ebooks and ereaders. Online-only booksellers are excluded from the industry. This report covers...
Amazon Strategic Review - 2019 Summary The "Amazon Strategic Review - 2019", report forms part of GlobalData’s Retail Channels series, and offers a comprehensive insight into the financial and operating performance of Amazon.The report analyses various financial performance indicators including global...
The electronic shelf label market (ESL Market) is expected to reach more than $2 billion by 2024, growing at an impressive CAGR of around 27% during 2018–2024. The rise in the retail environment is one of the prominent factors driving the global ESL market. The growing trend of retail stores to reduce the number of paper sheets to label...
Book it: Sales have slid over the past five years due to price hikes enacted by major publishers Abstract E-Book Publishing The E-Book Publishing industry has declined sharply over the five years to 2019. Prior to the current period, e-book sales surged with the introduction of new mobile devices. However,...
Old news: The industry will continue to be battered by an ongoing consumer shift to digital media Abstract Book, Magazine & Newspaper Wholesaling in the US The Book, Magazine and Newspaper Wholesaling industry has remained in a state of rapid decline over the five years to 2019. Demand for print media...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.