Consumer Attitudes and Online Retail Dynamics in Thailand, 2015-2020
- July 2016 •
- 78 pages •
- Report ID: 3997583
Thailand follows a free-enterprise economy system and is equipped with a well-developed infrastructure. It is the second-largest economy in Southeast Asia after Indonesia. Bangkok, the county's capital, and the country's most populous city with a burgeoning e-commerce market, makes Thailand the most lucrative commercial hub of Asia.
- The Internet Growing Up Stronger
- Electrical and electronics was the largest product group, with total sales of THB28.7 billion, or 46% of total online retail sales in 2015.
- The New E-Payment System in Thailand and Its Effects on E-Commerce
“Consumer Attitudes and Online Retail Dynamics in Thailand, 2015-2020” provides data for historic and forecast online retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Thailand's online retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Thailand's online retail industry.
What else does this report offer?
- It provides in-depth analysis of the latest trends in online consumer shopping, covering the factors driving online shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories), and reviews of the latest best practice in online retail site design
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, and other macroeconomic factors
- Based on the latest data, the report not only provides details of the size and growth of this increasingly important channel, it also provides essential context on the penetration of online sales by product groups, how growth has developed over time, and key factors, with forecasts that will drive this market in the future
Reasons To Buy
- Improve market and strategic planning using highly granular, forward-looking market data across 26 categories under nine product groups that include: Apparel, Accessories, Luggage and Leather Goods, Books, News and Stationery, Electricals and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, and Sports and Leisure Equipment
- Understand which products will be the major winners and losers in the online arena in the coming years
- Get an in-depth analysis of the latest trends in online retailing in Thailand, covering the factors driving online spending across the categories
- Learn from best practice approaches outlined in the case studies of leading online retailers by examining their unique retailing attitudes and reviewing innovative retailers, which provides insights and ideas to remain competitive and profitable