Summary The telecommunications market in China generated $199.0bn in service revenue in 2015. Telecom service revenue is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.7% during 2016-2021, primarily driven by the growth in data revenue. Mobile data and broadband will be the fastest-growing segments over the 2016-2021 period. Operators are focusing on expansion of LTE networks, 5G technology trials and fiber network deployments. In addition, ongoing investments in network expansion and modernization will enable operators to monetize the growing demand of data services.
Key Findings - The overall telecom service revenue in China is estimated to generate $212.2bn in 2016 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 3.7% during 2016-2021, mainly driven by data segments (mobile and fixed).The China telecom market will be dominated by China Mobile as the leading operator, followed by China Telecom and China Unicom. Operators will continue to invest in fixed and mobile networks expansion and deployment of 5G technology to have a competitive edge in the market.
Synopsis “China: 4G Network Expansion and Fiber Deployment Are High on Operators' Agenda While Facing Greater Competition” provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in China today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into China's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: Telecom market size and trends in China compared with other countries in Africa and Middle East region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in China.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, fixed Internet, mobile voice and mobile data and pay-TV.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2014 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in China's telecommunications market.
Reasons To Buy - Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of the telecommunications market in China, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in China mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer's demand.
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the telecom market in China.
- Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in China.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Poland Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report Summary "Poland Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report," a new Country Intelligence Report, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Poland today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2025. Published...
El Salvador Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report Summary "El Salvador Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report," a new Country Intelligence Report, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in El Salvador today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up...
Diameter signaling market to exhibit significant growth potential from 2020 to 2025 The overall Diameter signaling market was valued at USD 1.1 billion in 2020 and is projected to reach USD 1.6 billion by 2025; expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.1%. The market growth is driven by the increasing number of smartphone...
India Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report Summary "India Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report," a new Country Intelligence Report, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in India today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2025. Published...
The broadcast infrastructure market was valued at US$ 4,363.4 million in 2019 and is projected to reach US$ 7,345.1 million by 2027; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.3% from 2020 to 2027. Increase in adoption of new broadcast technologies and migration from hardware to software-based infrastructure are some of the key driving factors...
235 pages •
By Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd
• Jul 2020
Mobile operators across the Middle East have faced extraordinary challenges in 2020 with the COVID-19 pandemic impacting on most facets of mobile services and operations. The operators have had to quickly meet the increased demand for online communication and Internet services, stemming from citizens working and studying...
This IDC study presents IDC Canada's five-year forecasts for communications services spending by market and customer segments, company size, industry sector, and region for 2020-2024 based on the annual update of IDC Canada's custom Communications Market Model and replaces our previous comprehensive spring and fall 2019 forecasts (see Lawrence...
This IDC study covers the U.S. market for fixed wireless access (FWA) subscriptions."Fixed wireless access is an appealing use case for communication service providers, particularly for those focused on 5G deployment as its focus on base connectivity requires little in terms of supplementary technologies and can coexist on the same network...
Fixed Mobile Convergence - Status, Strategies, and Opportunities in Africa and Middle East Summary Fixed Mobile Convergence - Status, Strategies, and Opportunities in Africa and Middle East’, a new Telecom Insider Report, provides an overview of the state of fixed-mobile convergence (FMC) market...
156 pages •
By Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd
• Sep 2020
Morocco has developed one of the most advanced telecommunications markets in Africa, supported by the government’s Maroc Digital 2020 strategy to encourage the development of a digital economy and on the National Broadband Plan which aims to provide fixed or mobile broadband access to the entire population by 2022. The...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.