Summary A modest growth of 1% has been recorded in 2015. The market is heavily consolidated and the volumes rarely see any variations. Diageo and Heineken control over 3/4ths of the market. Ale recorded a strong growth of 6% in the year 2015. No attempt in significant rise of non-alcoholic beer. Hold of the existing beer over the Irish market is firm and there is no sign of decline. Price promotion helped mainstream brands.
Key Findings - Growth of 1% recorded in the year 2015.
- While pre-existing brands Heineken and Diageo continue to dominate the market ale also recorded a strong growth of 6%.
- In a contrasting trend over the beverage market beer and dairy products saw a rise
- Beer, wine, FABs and spirits witnessed growth while cider and fortified wine faced market decline
- Craft beer is on the rise here in the Irish market.
Synopsis Canadean's Ireland Beer Market Insights 2016 Report provides a complete overview of the Ireland beer industry structure offering a comprehensive insight into historical background trends, 2015 performance and 2016 outlook.
Covering total market (on and off-premise) the report details:
- 2011-2015 actual detailed beer consumption volume data by segment, brand, brewer, packaging and distribution (on-/off-premise), with 2016 forecasts
- Top line production, import, export and consumption volume from 2005-2015 with forecasts for 2016
- Value by distribution channel 2011-2015, with 2016 forecasts
- Details of key beer new product launches in 2015 by company
- Overview of the competitive landscape in the beer market, with analysis of key company performance
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind both current and emerging trends in the beer market
- Data is also available in excel format
Reasons To Buy - Gain an in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Ireland beer industry, from the latest competitive intelligence of both historical and forecast trends to enhance your corporate strategic planning
- Evaluate the current emerging trends and future growth opportunities in the Ireland beer market to support your brand development and marketing initiatives
- Understand volume vs. value trends and identify the key growth opportunities across the super-premium, premium, mainstream and discount segments to best target profitability
- Analyse domestic and imported beer brand performance and determine the key trends driving consumption preference to develop a competitive advantage
- Interrogate the unique granularity of our data to analyse the market on a variety of levels to make well-informed decisions on future threats and growth prospects in the marketplace for your company
- Use our new PowerPoint add-on to quickly absorb a succinct summary of the key trends in the Ireland beer market
- View a selection of the key 2015 product launches and identify competitor activity and product innovation and differentiation prospects
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
2021 Gluten Free Beer Market - Size, Share, COVID Impact Analysis and Forecast to 2027 2021 Gluten Free Beer Market - Size, Share, COVID Impact Analysis and Forecast to 2027 – is comprehensive research with in-depth data and contemporary analysis of Gluten Free Beer Market at a global, regional and key country level,...
24 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Mar 2021
O-I is the world’s largest manufacturer of glass packaging, with a focus on the Americas and Europe. Glass faces major challenges in the coming years, including declining beer consumption in many key markets and questions around the industry’s sustainability, that will challenge O-I as it at the same time deals with a major internal reorganization.
India Beer and Cider Market Insights 2020 - Key Insights and Drivers behind the Beer and Cider Market Performance
Craft beer is in its early stages of development in India, with a market share of 1.2% of the Indian beer market. However, craft beer recorded a 6% volume growth in 2019 as...
62 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Oct 2020
This report analyses the market for alcoholic drinks in El Salvador. For the purposes of the study, the market has been defined as follows: Alcoholic Drinks in El Salvador report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data (2015-2019), allowing you to...
On tap: The decreasing value of the US dollar is expected to boost industry revenue growth Abstract Breweries in the US Over the five years to 2019, the Breweries industry has contended with shifting consumer demand, as consumer preferences steered toward higher-quality beer brands and new styles of...
Eternal hoptimist: The industry will likely benefit from continued interest in craft beers Abstract Craft Beer Production Over past five years, the Craft Beer Production industry transformed into one of the fastest-growing and most popular alcoholic beverage segments in the United States. The industry...
Fresh glass: Industry operators are expected to expand product offerings to meet growing demand Abstract Beer Wholesaling in the US Growth for the Beer Wholesaling industry has been hindered by shifting alcohol consumption trends among consumers, particularly millennials. Americans are consuming less...
Running dry: Restrictions due to the pandemic have decimated industry revenue and profitability Abstract Pubs & Bars in the UK Pubs and bars prepare and serve beverages for consumption on their own premises. The industry only includes individuals and companies that operate pubs. Companies that own but...
Open bar: Rising disposable income will likely enable consumers to spend more alcohol Abstract Beer, Wine & Liquor Stores in the US The Beer, Wine and Liquor Stores industry comprises specialty shops specifically licensed to sell alcoholic beverages for off-premises consumption. Amid rising per capita...
Trouble brewing: The pandemic shut down the industry’s largest market in the first months of 2021 Abstract Beer Production in Ireland This industry is concerned with the production of beer for the consumer market. The main ingredients used by operators are barley, malt, sugar and yeast. These are bought...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.