Summary The UK menswear market will grow by £3.2bn in the five years to 2020 - equating to 29.5% growth on 2015. A growing interest in fashion and a willingness to buy more frequently will boost future spend, with spend by per increasing by over £100 in the coming five years. With competition deepening, retailers can gain a competitive advantage by building their ranges of non-core product areas such as big and tall, tailoring and sportswear, to grow destination appeal by serving niche customer groups.
Key Findings - The UK menswear market is forecast to grow by 29.5% between 2015 and 2020, the strongest growth of all the UK clothing sectors. This will be driven by males becoming more interested in trends and fashion, encouraging them to shop and purchase more frequently.
- Though MandS still has the largest share of the market in 2015, this continues to be eroded by stronger performing rivals such as Next and Primark, which are enticing MandS's family shoppers and gradually encroaching on the top spot.
- As wage growth recovers and improved disposable incomes allow consumers to increase their spend on clothing, average spend per head on menswear will reach £526.35 in 2020.
- More choice is required to build penetration among mature males as 33.0% of 65+s say there is not enough stylish clothing and footwear targeted directly at them and 68.0% say they care a lot about their personal appearance.
- The menswear online clothing market is forecast to grow by 162.2% in the five years to 2015 reaching £2.2bn, as spend shifts from more traditional shopping methods and multichannel retailers such as Top man, John Lewis, River Island and New Look continue to invest in their platforms and increase menswear product availability online.
Synopsis The Menswear Retailing in the UK report offers a comprehensive insight into the menswear market in the UK, analysing the market, the major players, and the main trends. It also provides forecasts to 2020.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Market Size
- Market Forecast
- Market Shares
- Channel Shares
Reasons To Buy - Utilise the detailed data and insight on the market to help form an effective growth strategy in the menswear sector
- Learn how men's growing demand for fashion will boost spend in the sector, and how retailers should respond
- Identify the opportunities to grow business in this sector by comparing strategies of the key players in the market and their performance metrics
- Understand how spend per head will change over the coming years, and learn which age groups will be most lucrative to target
- Utilise consumer data on big and tall menswear to understand opportunities in the category
- Understand the opportunities in the online menswear market by learning about online shopping habits and the customer journey
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
UK Online Retailing, 2019-2024 Summary As shoppers continue to shift away from visiting physical stores and gravitate towards the convenience of shopping via digital channels, UK online spend is set to reach £75bn by 2024, rising 30.4% over the next five years. Online Channel is forecast to account...
139 pages •
By Asia Market Information & Development Company
• Nov 2019
This study focuses on China’s Men’s Clothing market trends. In the two past decades, the market has been growing at a fast pace. The dramatic expansions of the manufacturing capabilities and rising consumer consumptions in China have transformed China’s society and economy. China is one of the world’s major producers...
Poland: Retail - Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2023 Summary “Poland: Retail - Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2023” provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Poland retail environment....
Global: Clothing & Footwear - Athleisure, 2018-2023 Summary “Global: Clothing & Footwear - Athleisure, 2018-2023” provides data for historic and forecast athleisure sales globally, and also includes regional analysis, athleisure growth by region, major athleisure brands and their strategies. In addition,...
UK: Clothing & Footwear: Menswear 2019-2024 Summary The UK Menswear 2019-2024 report offers comprehensive insight and analysis of the UK menswear market (including forecasts up to 2024), the major players, the main trends, and consumer attitudes.It provides in-depth analysis of the following: the...
France: Retail - Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2023 Summary “France: Retail - Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2023” provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to France retail environment....
142 pages •
By Asia Market Information & Development Company
• Nov 2019
This study focuses on China’s Footwear market trends. In the two past decades, the market has been growing at a fast pace. The dramatic expansions of the manufacturing capabilities and rising consumer consumptions in China have transformed China’s society and economy. China is one of the world’s major producers for...
The global cleanroom consumables market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 8% during the forecast period 2018?2024. The global cleanroom consumables market is set to display impressive growth during the forecast period with some key trends emerging, such as the increased diversity of substrate materials driven by continuously evolving...
The global athletic footwear market is estimated to reach US$139.19 billion in 2023, growing at a CAGR of 7.89% for the period spanning 2018-2023. The growth of the market has been driven by rising fitness clubs memberships, growing popularity of outdoor sports, escalating economic growth, mounting e-commerce retail sales and increasing obesity...
Germany: Clothing & Footwear - Market Shares Summary Forecasts to 2023 Summary Germany: Clothing & Footwear - Market Shares Summary Forecasts to 2023, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2022” provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.