Summary UBS conducts its wealth management activities under two divisions: UBS Wealth Management and UBS Wealth Management Americas. UBS has a strong global presence and a broad client base - Asia Pacific being a key growth market. As measured by AUM, the Americas and EMEA are the biggest markets.
Key Findings - UBS seeks to increase the share of assets managed under mandates and has launched UBS Advice to target the demand for advisory mandates.
- UBS Wealth Management has a number of strategic initiatives to bring the firm forward, as outlined in its Q2 2016 results. It will optimize its operating model by introducing one global booking platform, consolidating EU onshore entities and streamlining non-client facing units. It also intends to increase collaboration with UBS Wealth Management Americas.
- In June 2016 UBS Wealth Management Americas announced that it is introducing a new operating model. A number of changes will be made, including streamlining the organization and delayering the organizational structure. In addition, UBS Wealth Management Americas has updated its advisor compensation model.
- Regarding MandA, the most notable recent developments are UBS's May 2015 exit from its Australian wealth management business and the May 2016 launch of a strategic partnership with US-based robo-advisor SigFig.
- UBS Wealth Management kept its asset under management steady between 2014 and 2015, with assets growing only by 0.1%. Meanwhile UBS Wealth Management Americas saw a modest increase of $1bn. This was due to an inflow of net new money of $21.4bn that was mostly offset by negative market performance of $20bn.
- Net new money has been positive since 2011, with Asia Pacific and the markets served by UBS Wealth Management Americas regularly accounting for the largest share of the inflows.
Synopsis Verdict Financial's “Super League In-Depth Analysis: UBS 2016” report is a comprehensive analysis of UBS's private banking operations. It offers insight into the company's strategy, financial results, and marketing activities. It also covers the bank's recent merger and acquisition (MandA) activity, customer targeting, and product innovation.
Insight into UBS's growth strategy.
- Overview of the firm's organizational structure.
- Clear presentation of its geographical coverage and expansion strategy, including MandA activity.
- Analysis of the firm's financial performance at group and divisional level, including comparison to other global wealth managers.
- Examination of the key target client groups.
- Analysis of UBS's product and service proposition and how it is unique compared to its competitors'.
- Review of UBS's marketing and social media activities at group and divisional level.
Reasons To Buy - Examine the financial performance and key ratios for UBS and benchmark this competitor against other global wealth managers.
- Explore UBS's recent MandA and growth strategies and their impacts on its AUM growth and financial performance.
- Understand UBS's client targeting strategies and examine whether these have been successful.
- Learn more about UBS's marketing strategy and social media presence.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
300 pages •
By The Business Research Company
• Jan 2019
Wealth Management Market Global Report 2019 provides the strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global wealth management market. Description: Where is the largest and fastest growing market for the wealth management? How does the market relate to the overall...
2019: Trends to Watch in Global Wealth Management Summary Investment managers should be rethinking portfolio diversification strategies for their HNW clients as recent regulatory changes will encourage flows of assets to the US, already leading as the world’s biggest offshore market. Although there are some...
Wealth in the UK: Competitive Dynamics 2018 Summary "Wealth in the UK: Competitive Dynamics 2018", report analyzes the UK wealth management market, with a focus on the top 20 competitors and the HNW investor segment. The report uses findings from GlobalData’s 2018 Wealth Managers Survey and 2018...
Super League In-Depth Analysis: DBS Wealth Management 2018 Summary DBS Group is a financial services company with a presence in 18 markets.It has four main business segments and offers wealth management services through its Consumer Banking/Wealth Management (CBWM) unit. The wealth business...
HNW Offshore Investment: Drivers and Motivations 2018 Summary Despite the scandals that have shaken the industry, the proportion of high-net-worth (HNW) individuals who invest offshore has been on the rise. However, this is not the time to be complacent - wealth managers need to do their due diligence...
Global Wealth Management: Competitive Dynamics 2018 Summary Global Private Wealth market had a good 2017, and the top players of the sector benefited significantly as a result.While there was no change in the order of the world’s five largest private wealth managers, the Super League effectively...
Choosing a Wealth Manager: the Decision-Making Process in the UK Summary While triggers for seeking advice differ across segments, the need for advice is centered on events where the consumer is gaining access to substantial funds, such as retirement or inheritance.Individuals in higher income bands...
Wealth in Sweden: HNW Investors 2018 Summary GlobalData’s "Wealth in Sweden: HNW Investors 2018", report analyzes the investing preferences and portfolio allocation of Swedish HNW investors. The report is based on our proprietary Global Wealth Managers Survey. Tapering economic growth, political...
Super League In-Depth Analysis: Julius Baer 2018 Summary This profile is a comprehensive analysis of Julius Baer’s private banking operations.It offers insight into the company’s strategy and financial performance, including key data on assets under management. Customer targeting and service...
Super League In-Depth Analysis: UBS Global Wealth Management 2018 Summary This profile is a comprehensive analysis of UBS’s wealth management operations.It offers insight into the company’s strategy and financial performance, including key data on assets under management. Customer targeting...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.