Summary Beer sales have continued to grow in South Korea as more offerings enter the market aimed at premium consumers. Foreign imported brands saw consumers switch towards full flavored beer, which led to domestic beer producers trying to reformulate their brands or produce new ones with higher malt content. Mainstream beers in order to compete with the premium and super premium beers have started to follow the trend of the premium beer through rebranding, reimaging, marketing and promotion of their current brands. For example, The Premier OB reduced the OB on its label and increased the Premier in order to make it stand out more. New entrants into the market such as Kloud have highlighted the brewing method of the traditional two brands, which water down a beer concentrate, leading consumers to think Kloud is more premium
Key Findings - Beer market witnessed growth as more disposable income led to more purchases.
- Consumption of beer caused the decline in the demand of rice wine, soju as consumers try to curb their drinking of it when having beer.
- Increased competition from both domestic and foreign brands and more premium offerings boosted the beer consumption.
- Mainstream beers trying to become premium as consumers move towards more premium beer offerings
Synopsis Canadean's South Korea Beer Market Insights 2016 Report provides a complete overview of the South Korea beer industry structure offering a comprehensive insight into historical background trends, 2015 performance and 2016 outlook. Covering total market (on and off-premise) the report details:
- 2011-2015 actual detailed beer consumption volume data by segment, brand, brewer, packaging and distribution (on-/off-premise), with 2016 forecasts
- Top line production, import, export and consumption volume from 2005-2015 with forecasts for 2016
- Value by distribution channel 2011-2015, with 2016 forecasts
- Details of key beer new product launches in 2015 by company
- Overview of the competitive landscape in the beer market, with analysis of key company performance
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind both current and emerging trends in the beer market
- Data is also available in excel format
Reasons To Buy - Gain an in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the South Korea beer industry, from the latest competitive intelligence of both historical and forecast trends to enhance your corporate strategic planning
- Evaluate the current emerging trends and future growth opportunities in the South Korea beer market to support your brand development and marketing initiatives
- Understand volume vs. value trends and identify the key growth opportunities across the super-premium, premium, mainstream and discount segments to best target profitability
- Analyse domestic and imported beer brand performance and determine the key trends driving consumption preference to develop a competitive advantage
- Interrogate the unique granularity of our data to analyse the market on a variety of levels to make well-informed decisions on future threats and growth prospects in the marketplace for your company
- Use our new powerpoint add-on to quickly absorb a succinct summary of the key trends in the South Korea beer market
- View a selection of the key 2015 product launches and identify competitor activity and product innovation and differentiation prospects
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The high and rising popularity of imported beer continued to have a significant influence on alcoholic drinks packaging during 2017. Dark beer in metal recorded tremendous growth over the course of the year, driven by the strong performance of wheat beer brands such as Hoegaarden which target female consumers. Growth is also supported by rising...
Beer in South Korea by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beers. Market size is based on retail (off trade) and non-retail (on trade and food industry) sales. Market size for Beer in South Korea is...
27 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Jun 2018
Imported premium lager saw another year of exceptional growth in Korea in 2017. With the stronger Korean won and their desire to expand their shares, leading imported premium lager brands offered even more aggressive promotional discounts in an effort to increase consumer trials of their brands, both on- and off-trade. For instance, established...
Stout Beer (Beer & Cider) Market in South Korea - Outlook to 2021: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary Stout Beer (Beer & Cider) Market in South Korea - Outlook to 2021: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics is a broad level market review of Stout Beer market in South Korea. A...
Lager Beer (Beer & Cider) Market in South Korea - Outlook to 2021: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary Lager Beer (Beer & Cider) Market in South Korea - Outlook to 2021: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics is a broad level market review of Lager Beer market in South Korea. Bottom...
South Korea Beer and Cider Market Insights 2017 Summary GlobalData’s South Korea Beer and Cider Market Insights 2017 report provides a complete overview of the South Korea beer and cider industry structure offering a comprehensive insight into historical background trends, 2016 performance and 2017...