The biosimilars are poised to capture an unprecedented position in the biopharmaceutical industry driven by an increased extent of adoption and growing investment and deal making activity globally. The global biosimilars market is predicted to cross US$ 25 Billion mark by 2020.
With the continuous increasing demand for biologics, manufacturers are looking for novel strategies that will help them attain maximum returns on investment. Biosimilars are seen as the key weapon to curbing soaring healthcare costs globally. The major factor that is driving the market for biosimilars industry is the fact that major biologics are nearing the patent cliff. Further, the lower cost of these drugs as compared to the patented biologics, the increasing encumbrance to curb healthcare costs globally, increasing nationwide government initiatives, and the strong pipeline for the biosimilar drugs is expected to fuel the biosimilars industry. On the other hand, high manufacturing complexities and costs, stringent regulatory requirements in countries and operational challenges are restricting the growth of the biosimilars market.
Key Highlights of the Report
Biosimilars Market - By Product Type
- The erythropoietin (EPO) captures maximum share of the global biosmilars market.
- The Granulocyte- Colony Stimulating Factor (G-CSF) market is expected to cross US$ 6 Billion mark by 2021.
- The Human Growth Hormone (HGH) biosimilars market is expected to grow with a double digit CAGR during the period 2016 - 2021.
- The monoclonal antibody is expected to show the highest growth rate during the period 2016 - 2021.
- The insulin and interferon product segment each accounted for single digit share of the global biosimilars market respectively in 2015.
Biosimilars Market - By Applications
- Among various application segments of biosimilar market, blood disorders and oncology together accounted for over 55% share of the global biosimilars market in 2015.
- Growth hormone deficiencies application is expected to show double digit CAGR during the period 2016 - 2021.
- The chronic and autoimmune disorders captured XX% share of the biosmilars market in 2015.
Biosimilars Market - By Country Wise
- The market for biosimilars in the U.S. has gained momentum after the launch of Novartis’ Zarxio in September 2015.
- In the European countries, Germany is at the forefront with around XX% share of the biosimilars market in 2015 followed by France with XX% share in the same year.
- China accounted for XX% share of the global biosimilar market in 2015.
- India is seen as a key player in the biosimilar space with an exceptionally high number of approvals granted in the last decade compared to the global average.
- South Korea captured XX% of the global biosimilar market in 2015 being closely followed by Brazil with XX% share in the same year.
iGATE RESEARCH report titled “Global Biosimilars Market and Forecast (By Product Type, Applications, Country Wise & Companies) to 2021 and Biosimilars Approved & Pipeline Analysis” provides a comprehensive assessment of the fast-evolving, high-growth Global Biosimilars market.
This 177 Page report with 74 Figures and 27 Tables is analyzed from 6 viewpoints:
1. Global Biosimilars Market and Forecast - By Product Type
2. Global Biosimilars Market and Forecast - By Applications
3. Global Biosimilars Market and Forecast - By Country Wise
4. Global Biosimilars Company - Profile, Revenue, Approved and Pipeline Biosimilars Analysis
5. Country with Biosimilar Guideline and Published Year
6. Global Biosimilars Market - Driving Factors and Challenges
Global Biosimilars Market and Forecast - 7 Product Types Covered
Global Biosimilars Market and Forecast - 5 Applications Covered
1. Oncology 2. Blood Disorders 3. Growth Hormone Deficiencies 4. Chronic and Autoimmune Disorders 5. Other Applications
Global Biosimilars Market and Forecast - 16 Countries Covered
1. United States 2. Canada 3. Argentina 4. Germany 5. France 6. Italy 7. Spain 8. United Kingdom 9. China 10. Japan 11. India 12. South Korea 13. Australia 14. Brazil 15. Mexico 16. Rest of the World
Global Biosimilars Company Analysis - 13 Companies Covered
1. Biocad 2. Celltrion Inc. 3. Dong-A Socio Group 4. Pfizer Inc. 5. Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd. 6. Sandoz International GmbH - A Novartis Company 7. Stada Arzneimittel AG 8. Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd 9. Amgen Inc. 10. Biocon 11. Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories 12. Mylan 13. Merck KGaA
Primary Research Methodologies: Questionnaires, Surveys, Interviews with Individuals, Small Groups, Telephonic Interview, etc.
Secondary Research Methodologies: Printable and Non-printable sources, Newspaper, Magazine and Journal Content, Government And NGO Statistics, white Papers, Information on the Web, Information from Agencies Such as Industry Bodies, Companies Annual Report, Government Agencies, Libraries And Local Councils and a large number of Paid Databases.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Report Scope: Biosimilars are replicas of the innovator biopharmaceuticals.They offer the advantage of being less expensive as compared to their expensive counterparts. The structural and manufacturing complexities associated with their development have led to extensive approval guidelines and regulations by the...
221 pages •
By The Business Research Company
• Mar 2018
The biologics industry comprises companies manufacturing biological products that are derived from genetically modified proteins and human genes.Biologics products include a wide range of recombinant therapeutic proteins, vaccines, and monoclonal antibodies. These products are isolated from natural sources such as human, animal, and...
The global biosimilar market was estimated to be valued at USD 3,474.01 million in 2017, and is expected to register a CAGR of 43.85% during the forecast period of 2018-2023. North America accounted for the largest share of approximately 30% of the global market, in 2017, while Asia-Pacific region is anticipated to register the highest CAGR...
The Biopharmaceutical Industry in 2017: Highlights by Therapeutic Area Summary GlobalData’s "The Biopharmaceutical Industry in 2017: Highlights by Therapeutic Area", provides an insight-rich overview of the key events and trends that shaped the industry during 2017. Within each of the major therapeutic...
Biosimilar Versions of Infliximab, Rituximab, Trastuzumab, Adalimumab, Bevacizumab and Abciximab Report Details The global biosimilar monoclonal antibodies market is expected to reach $5.9bn in 2023 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 19% from 2016 to 2028. How this report will benefit...
PharmSource: Demand and Supply for Contract Manufacturing of Injectable Drugs Through 2023 Summary This report is the 6th edition of our long-running analysis of the injectables CMO industry.It provides an expert quantitative analysis on the latest trends and plans for outsourcing commercially approved...