Summary The Wine market in Japan is analyzed to be growing at a higher growth rate during 2010 - 2015. Depreciation of Japanese Yen (JPY) against US$ have slightly affected the market growth and consumption pattern. However, with relatively stable exchange rates projected during 2015-2020, the Wine market will also revive and grow at a moderate rate. Overall, Still Wine is estimated to be the most dominant and fastest growing category during 2015 - 2020. Consumer trends such as Single Lifestyle and Environmental Responsibility have influenced product consumption in the current scenario.
Key Findings - Of the three categories analyzed, Still Wine will be largest as well as fastest growing value category, registering a CAGR of 5.2% during 2015-2020
- Sales through On-trade transactions account for nearly half of the overall Wine distribution in Japan
- Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A. and Mercian Corporation are the leading market players in the country
- Glass is the only packaging material used in the Japanese Wine market
- Going ahead, demand for private label products and the emerging concept of sommelier services by online retailers will contribute to the market growth over the next five years
Synopsis Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Wine market in Japan provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Fortified Wine, Sparkling Wine and Still Wine with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and others in 2015
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Glass; container data for: Bottle
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Wine products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy - Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Wine products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on products launched in the market
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
300 pages •
By The Business Research Company
• Jan 2019
Wine And Brandy Manufacturing (Wineries) Market Global Report 2019 from The Business Research Company provides the strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global wine and brandy manufacturing (wineries) market. Reasons to Purchase • Gain a truly global perspective...
Country Profile: Wine in Canada Summary The wine sector in Canada is led by the still wine category in both value and volume terms, in 2017.Fortified wine is forecast to register the fastest value and volume growth during 2017-2022. Food & drinks specialists accounted for the leading share...
Country Profile: Wine in France Summary The French wine sector is led by the still wine category in both value and volume terms, in 2017.Sparkling wine category is forecast to register the fastest growth in both value and volume terms during 2017-2022. Hypermarkets & supermarkets accounted...
Country Profile: Wine in the Philippines Summary The Filipino wine sector is led by the still wine category in both value and volume terms in 2017, while the sparkling wine category is forecast to register the fastest growth in value terms during 2017-2022.Hypermarkets & supermarkets accounted for...
106 pages •
By Infiniti Research Limited
• Oct 2018
About Wine Wine is an alcoholic beverage that is made from the fermented juice of grapes and other fruits. The taste of wines ranges from bone dry to super sweet and can also have a still or fizzy effervescence. Technavio’s analysts forecast the Global Wine Market to grow at a CAGR of 1.59% during the period...
The Liquor Industry: The South African liquor industry, including manufacture, wholesale and retail, is valued at between R106.1bn and R129bn. The industry is considered mature and growth is largely organic. Total 2017 liquor consumed was almost 4.24 billion litres, reflecting growth of 1.9% over 2016, driven by a growing...
Wine and Sparkling Wines in Portugal by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers red, rose and white wines, sparkling wines and Champagne. Market size is based on retail (off trade) and non-retail (on trade and food industry) sales. Market...
Wine and Sparkling Wines in South Africa by Mintel Market Sizes provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2018. This market covers red, rose and white wines, sparkling wines and Champagne. Market size is based on retail (off trade) and non-retail (on trade and food industry) sales....
52 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Nov 2018
Company strategies in alcoholic drinks vary significantly across categories, especially the main three – beer, wine and spirits. In many cases, there is limited scope for further large-scale acquisitions. However, in addition to organic growth, takeovers continue to play a key role in expansion strategies. At the same time, alcoholic drinks...
Brimming over: Investment and vineyard expansion is expected to support strong growth Abstract Wine Production in the UK Participants in this industry produce wine from grapes. Grapes are either purchased or grown and harvested on the estate. Products include still and sparkling wine of red and white...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.