Summary The Wine market in Japan is analyzed to be growing at a higher growth rate during 2010 - 2015. Depreciation of Japanese Yen (JPY) against US$ have slightly affected the market growth and consumption pattern. However, with relatively stable exchange rates projected during 2015-2020, the Wine market will also revive and grow at a moderate rate. Overall, Still Wine is estimated to be the most dominant and fastest growing category during 2015 - 2020. Consumer trends such as Single Lifestyle and Environmental Responsibility have influenced product consumption in the current scenario.
Key Findings - Of the three categories analyzed, Still Wine will be largest as well as fastest growing value category, registering a CAGR of 5.2% during 2015-2020
- Sales through On-trade transactions account for nearly half of the overall Wine distribution in Japan
- Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A. and Mercian Corporation are the leading market players in the country
- Glass is the only packaging material used in the Japanese Wine market
- Going ahead, demand for private label products and the emerging concept of sommelier services by online retailers will contribute to the market growth over the next five years
Synopsis Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Wine market in Japan provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Fortified Wine, Sparkling Wine and Still Wine with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and others in 2015
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Glass; container data for: Bottle
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Wine products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2015-2020
Reasons To Buy - Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Wine products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on products launched in the market
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
34 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Jun 2018
Still light grape wine returned to total volume growth in 2017. However, the category was categorised by ongoing polarisation, with consumers preferring economy priced wines under JPY500 and mid-priced wines over JPY1,000 for ienomi (home drinking), a form of cocooning, rather than visiting on-trade channels. Still light grape wine has established...
817 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Mar 2018
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Wine in Thousand Liters by the following Product Segments: Still Wines (Still Red Wines, Still White Wines, & Still Rose Wines), Sparkling Wines, Fortified Wines, Vermouth, and Other Wines. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan,...
15 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Feb 2018
Fine wines/champagne and spirits in Japan posted a positive performance in 2017 in both retail volume and current value terms, thanks to the rapid growth of luxury whiskies and fine champagne. These categories are also expected to grow steadily in the forecast period, thanks to the recent trend of favouring fine alcoholic drinks. Despite this,...
23 pages •
By Global Research & Data Services
• Jan 2018
The report Wine Market in Japan to 2022 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts offers the most up-to-date industry data on the actual market situation, and future outlook for wines in Japan. The research includes historic data from 2011 to 2015 and forecasts until 2022 which makes the report an invaluable resource...
Fortified Wine (Wines) Market in Japan - Outlook to 2021: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary Fortified Wine (Wines) Market in Japan - Outlook to 2021: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics is a broad level market review of Fortified Wine market in Japan. Fortified Wine...
Still Wine (Wines) Market in Japan - Outlook to 2021: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary Still Wine (Wines) Market in Japan - Outlook to 2021: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics is a broad level market review of Still Wine market in Japan. Still Wine - During fermentation...