Summary The Egyptian cigarette market had, until recently, recorded strong growth, assisted by a policy of price maintenance, a relatively buoyant economy, and population expansion. However, between 2011 and 2012 the market suffered falls in volumes, with tax-led price increases a major factor forcing many to opt for non-duty paid sales, which until then had not been a problem in Egypt. Per capita consumption averages 903 pieces, which is high by African standards, although lower than in some other North African and Middle Eastern countries.
Key Findings - Per capita consumption is high by African standards, although lower than in some other North African and Middle Eastern countries
- Contraband has grown in the last few years to become a major problem
- Filter-tipped cigarettes dominate the market, these being mostly local or American blend lines
- The Eastern Company is the only domestic manufacturer of cigarettes, enjoying a virtual monopoly over sales with its own range and foreign brands, yet its profile is weakening in the face of imports
Synopsis "Cigarettes in Egypt", is an analytical report by Canadean that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Egyptian market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers and leading brands, along with company profiles
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habits, and the growing health concerns affecting overall production
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2015 to 2025
Reasons To Buy - Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the Egyptian market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
113 pages •
By Infiniti Research Limited
• Dec 2018
About this market Growing influence of online retailing to drive growth in the market. With the growth of e-commerce businesses worldwide, the vendors have the potential to enhance their profitability. Consumers prefer online shopping and pay for their orders using credit or debit card, which saves time and avoid long queues....
118 pages •
By International Market Analysis Research and Consult
• Feb 2019
The global cigarette market was worth US$ 888 Billion in 2018. The market is further projected to reach a value of US$ 1,124 Billion by 2024, growing at a CAGR of nearly 4% during 2019-2024. Cigarettes represent one of the most popular tobacco products being consumed across the world. They are a small cigar made of...
Tobacco Products Manufacturing (Including Cigarettes, Cigars, e-Cigarettes and Vaporizers) Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2025, NAIC 312230 Vital industry-specific data including metrics, benchmarks, historic numbers, growth rates and forecasts that will...
22 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Jan 2019
In the latest in an ongoing series of quarterly briefings looking at major (and some minor) developments in the world of tobacco, we assess the latest performance of the major multinationals, important cannabis and NPD/NGP updates, further M&A activities from Altria, the reviewed economic growth projections for the world’s key markets and...
Tobacco Insights: December 2018 Summary The December edition of Tobacco Insights provides news and analysis related to events in the Tobacco sector throughout the months of October and November. Highlights include new product launches, mergers and acquisitions, the latest news on the global debate...
Cigarettes in Malaysia, 2019 Summary "Cigarettes in Malaysia, 2019", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Malaysian market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based...
Cigarettes in New Zealand, 2019 Summary "Cigarettes in New Zealand, 2019", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the New Zealand market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption...
Tobacco Company Profile - NKGTC, 2018 Summary "Tobacco Company Profile - NKGTC, 2018", is an analytical company report by GlobaData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the cigarette market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall...
This study covers the world outlook for ultra low-tar cigarettes across more than 190 countries. For each year reported, estimates are given for the latent demand, or potential industry earnings (P.I.E.), for the country in question (in millions of U.S. dollars), the percent share the country is of the region, and of the globe. These...
This study covers the world outlook for low-tar cigarettes across more than 190 countries. For each year reported, estimates are given for the latent demand, or potential industry earnings (P.I.E.), for the country in question (in millions of U.S. dollars), the percent share the country is of the region, and of the globe. These comparative...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.