Summary All commercial beverages saw a slight recovery in Q3-16, thanks to the good performance of key categories such as soft drinks and dairy drinks. Soft drinks increased by single digit growth in Q3-16, when the traditional big categories such as carbonates and iced/RTD tea drinks registered positive growth. Hot tea grew during the quarter driven by the sales during Mid-Autumn Festival and National Day. The dairy market experienced modest growth mainly caused by the shrinkage of the lactic dairy drinks segment. Wine continued to recover thanks to its health benefit and further improved living standards. The increased popularity of internet shopping enabled more small brands and imported products to reach more potential consumers nationally.
Key Findings - Packaged water and bulk/HOD water picked up growth in Q3-16 thanks to the good performance of the leading players.
- Still drinks however couldn't stop the declining trend in Q3-16.
- Unpackaged coffee is becoming popular as consumers were starting to follow the higher quality trend.
- Cultured dairy drinks is still the star of this dull season for the dairy industry.
Synopsis Canadean's China Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavor, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
Reasons To Buy - Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the China beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in China to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry 'hot topic' offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
135 pages •
By Asia Market Information & Development Company
• Nov 2020
This study focuses on China’s tea market trends. In the two past decades, the market has been growing at a fast pace. The dramatic expansions of the manufacturing capabilities and rising consumer consumptions in China have transformed China’s society and economy. China is one of the world’s major producers for industrial...
Ready-to-drink (RTD) Tea Market by Type (Green Tea, Black Tea, and Others), Category (Organic and Conventional), and Distribution Channel (Supermarket/Hypermarket, Specialty Stores, Online Stores, and Others): Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2021–2027 Ready-to-drink (RTD) tea is a packaged beverage...
REPORT OBJECTIVES The report “Ready-to-Drink Green Tea Market: Global Market Intelligence (2018-2028)” provides market intelligence on the different market segments, based on component, function, operation, and geography. Market size and forecast (2018-2028) has been provided in the report. The primary objectives of this...
Opportunities in Asia Pacific Hot Drinks Sector Summary Asia-Pacific was the largest market in the global hot drinks sector with value sales of US$80,551.1 million, accounting for a share of 39.4% in 2019. The region was also the largest market in terms of volume with 5,486.7 million kg, during the...
Out of Home Tea Market Research Report by Product Type (Black Tea, Green Tea, Herbal Tea, and Matcha Tea), by Packaging (Bottled Tea, Canned Tea, Loose Tea, and Tea Bags), by End User - Global Forecast to 2025 - Cumulative Impact of COVID-19 The Global Out of Home Tea Market is expected to grow from USD 33,161.64 Million...
Ready to Drink Tea & Coffee Market Research Report by Type (Coffee and Tea), by Packaging (Canned, Glass Bottle, and PET Bottle), by Distribution Channel - Global Forecast to 2025 - Cumulative Impact of COVID-19 The Global Ready to Drink Tea & Coffee Market is expected to grow from USD 85,315.36 Million in 2019 to USD...
Herbal Tea Market Research Report by Type (Black Tea, Green Tea, and Yellow Tea), by Packaging Type (Carton Packs, Herbal Tea Bags, Herbal Tea Paper Pouches, and Loose Tea), by Form - Global Forecast to 2025 - Cumulative Impact of COVID-19 The Global Herbal Tea Market is expected to grow from USD 11,600.93 Million in...
Carbonated Ready-to-Drink Tea Market Research Report by Type (Balck Tea, Fruit & Herbal Tea, Green Tea, and Oolong Tea), by Ingredients (Starter Cultures and Yeast Extract), by Packaging, by Distribution Channel - Global Forecast to 2025 - Cumulative Impact of COVID-19 The Global Carbonated Ready-to-Drink Tea Market...
West Africa Tea Market by Type (Green Tea, Black Tea, and Others) and Distribution Channel (Independent Grocery Stores, Specialty Stores, and Others): Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2021–2027 Tea is the most commonly consumed drink after water that offers multiple health benefits such as it reduces the...
300 pages •
By Persistence Market Research
• Aug 2020
Tea Concentrate Market: Report Scope The latest market report on the global tea concentrate market evaluates the opportunities and current market scenario, providing insights and updates about the corresponding segments involved in the global tea concentrate market for the forecast period of 2020-2030.The report provides...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.