Railway Management System Market by System & Solution, Service, and Region - Global Forecast to 2021
- December 2016 •
- 168 pages •
- Report ID: 4499030
The railway management system market size is estimated to be USD 29.27 billion in 2016 and is projected to reach USD 57.88 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 14.6% from 2016 to 2021, due to the need of Internet of Things (IoT) technology for better railway control, services, fast operational activities in public services, and transportation services. Government and regulatory bodies are striving for the furtherance of the transport infrastructure systems, as it replicates the development of the economy. The restraints of the railway management system market include operational efficiency & increasing congestion, high initial cost of deployment & capacity, and lack of ICT infrastructure & interoperability.
“Rail traffic management system is estimated to be the fastest-growing market during the forecast period”
The rail traffic management system is expected to grow at the highest Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) during the forecast period, due to the rise in installations of intelligent signaling solutions and demand for real-time train planning & route scheduling. In addition to that, traffic analytics solutions provide information for planning and forecasting for improved and advanced traffic management. The solution helps railway operators determine the future trends and patterns of transportation.
“Europe is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period”
With regards to the geographic analysis, Europe is expected to benefit from its technological advancements, large number of smart devices, strong government regulations, followed by high usage of big data analytics, and predictive and sensor analytics across the railways industry.
Asia-Pacific (APAC) is expected to lead the railway management system market, by region, between 2016 and 2021. The growth can be attributed to the global competition, increasing penetration of smart devices, connected machines, and increasing investment in smart cities.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with key industry personnel. The break-up profiles of primary discussion participants are given below:
• By Company Type: Tier-1 (32%), Tier-2 (39%), and Tier-3 (29%)
• By Designation: C-Level (72 %), Manager Level (20 %), and Others (8%)
• By Region: North America (29 %), Europe (43 %), APAC (18 %), and the Rest of World (RoW) (10%)
The various key smart railway vendors profiled in the report are as follows:
1. Alstom SA (Saint-Ouen, France)
2. Cisco Systems, Inc. (San Jose, U.S.)
3. General Electric (Connecticut, U.S.)
4. ABB Ltd. (Zurich, Switzerland)
5. IBM Corporation (New York, U.S.)
6. Hitachi Limited (Tokyo, Japan)
7. Bombardier, Inc. (Quebec, Canada)
8. Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. (Shenzhen, China)
9. Indra Sistemas SA (Alcobendas, Spain)
10. Siemens AG (Munich, Germany)
11. Alcatel-Lucent (Paris, France)
12. Ansaldo STS (Genoa, Italy)
The global railway management system market has been segmented on the basis of systems & solutions, services, and regions. A detailed analysis of the regions has been done to provide insights into the potential future business opportunities in different regions. In addition to this, product portfolio analysis, value chain analysis, and strategic benchmarking are some of the other MarketsandMarkets analysis included in the report.
Reasons to Buy the Report
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the railway management system market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments, across different regions.
2. The report helps the stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. This report will help the stakeholders to better understand the competitors and gain more insights to better their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, and mergers & acquisitions.