SCO/Impact – St Andrew Square Performing Arts Center – Edinburgh - Project Profile
- June 2017
- 7 pages
- Report ID: 4531724
"SCO/Impact – St Andrew Square Performing Arts Center – Edinburgh - Project Profile" contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile also details project ownership and funding, gives a full project description, as well as information on contracts, tendering and key project contacts.
The "SCO/Impact – St Andrew Square Performing Arts Center – Edinburgh - Project Profile" is part of Timetric’s database of 82,000+ construction projects. Our database includes a 10+ year archive of completed projects, full coverage of all global projects with a value greater than $25 million and key contact details for project managers, owners, consultants, contractors and bidders.
The Scottish Chamber Orchestra (SCO) and International Music and Performing Arts Charitable Trust Scotland (Impact) are planning to build a performing arts center in Edinburgh, the UK.
The project involves the construction of a performing arts center. It includes the construction of a 1,000-seat auditorium, a studio for rehearsal, a recital and recording space, conference and event spaces, a restaurant, cafe and bar facilities, parking and related facilities.
The Dunard Fund will provide funding for the project. Impact Scotland will be responsible for the project constructing.
In December 2016, IMPACT Scotland launched the design contest to select the arcthitect for the project.
On January 30, 2017, IMPACT Scotland revealed six teams in design contest. They are follows
1. Adjaye Associates (London) with Sandy Brown, Buro Happold and DHA Designs
2. Allies & Morrison (London) with Charcoalblue, Speirs & Major, Harrison Stevens and Buro Happold
3. Barozzi Veiga (Switzerland) with Alan Baxter, Max Fordham, KahleAcoustics, 3DReid and Ian White Associates
4. David Chipperfield (London) with Arup, Whitby Mohajer Engineers, GROSS MAX and Theatre Projects
5. KPMB (Toronto) with Simpson & Brown Architects, David Narro Associates, Arup, Sound Space Vision, rankinfraser landscape architecture and Transsolar Energietechnik
6.Richard Murphy (Edinburgh) with Arup, Graven Images, GROSS MAX and Montagu Evans
On May 3, 2017, David Chipperfield Architects won the design contract for the project.
The project involves the construction of a performing arts center in Edinburgh, Scotland, the UK.
The US$56 million project includes the following:
1. Construction of a 1,000-seat auditorium
2. Construction of a studio for rehearsal
3. Construction of recital and recording space
4. Construction of conference and event spaces
5. Construction of a restaurant
6. Construction of cafe and bar facilities
7. Construction of parking and related facilities
Reasons To Buy
• Gain insight into the project.
• Monitor the latest project developments.
• Identify key project contacts.