Government Spending Global Industry Almanac 2015-2024
Summary Global Government Spending industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: sector size (value 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the sector.
Key Highlights - The government spending sector is the total amount of public sector expenditure at any sort of level, including central government, local government etc. It is split into the following segments: defense, education, social protection, healthcare, and other.
- The defense segment includes all military and civil defense spending, foreign military aid, research and development, and other defense related expenditure.
- The education segment includes all spending on pre-primary, primary, secondary, and tertiary education, as well as education not definable by level, subsidiary services, research and development, and other education related expenditure.
- The social protection segment includes all spending on sickness and disability, old age, survivors, family and children, unemployment, housing, social exclusion, research and development, and other social protection expenditure.
- The health segments includes all spending on medical products, appliances, and equipment, as well as outpatient, hospital, and public health services, research and development, and other health expenditure.
- The other segment includes spending on general public services, public order and safety, economic affairs, environmental protection, housing and community amenities, and recreation, culture and religion, and other government expenditure.
- Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2019 annual average exchange rates.
- The global government spending sector had total revenues of $30,190.2bn in 2019, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.6% between 2014 and 2019.
- The global Government Spending sector had total revenues of $27,241.1bn in 2019, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.9% between 2015 and 2019.
- The social protection segment was the sector’s most lucrative in 2019, with total revenues of $7,947.6bn, equivalent to 29.2% of the sector’s overall value.
Scope - Europe is the largest sector globally, accounting for 35.6% of the region’s total value in 2019, therefore its performance weighs heavily on the sector’s global performance. The Asia-Pacific and US sectors accounted for 30.8% and 25.5%, respectively.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global government spending sector
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global government spending sector
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key government spending sector players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global government spending sector with five year forecasts
Reasons to Buy - What was the size of the global government spending sector by value in 2019?
- What will be the size of the global government spending sector in 2024?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global government spending sector?
- How has the sector performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global government spending sector?
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
2021 Leading Aerospace, Aviation and Defense Companies SWOT Analysis--Capabilities, Goals and Strategies
This report is part of the Competitive Analysis Series prepared to help current suppliers and potential market entrants realistically assess their financial, technological and marketing capabilities in relation...
The global IR spectroscopy market was valued at US$ 1,244.57 million in 2020 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.3% during the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 to reach US$ 1,998.22 million by 2028. Various IR spectroscope manufacturers are developing technology and systems to enhance the analyzing efficiencies.High cost involved...
The global research department explosive (RDX) market was valued at US$ 8,061.38 million in 2019 and is projected to reach US$ 10,363.27 million by 2027; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.3% from 2020 to 2027. Research department explosive (RDX) is hard, dissolvable in different solvents such as ethanol and ether, and insoluble...
555 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Apr 2021
- Most R&D budgets which are so vital for innovation are largely dependent upon financial support from governments. Healthy financial performance of companies also determines the extent of willingness to reinvest earnings into R&D and new product development. The COVID-19 induced recession has now cast serious...
Market Overview: The global basalt fiber market grew at a CAGR of 11.40% during 2015-2020. Basalt fiber refers to a form of fiber-reinforced polymer manufactured using extremely fine fibers of basalt and minerals such as pyroxene, plagioclase and olivine. It is usually processed through pultrusion, prepreg process,...
Global Coronavirus Partnering 2014 to 2021 provides the full collection of Coronavirus disease deals signed between the world’s pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies since 2014. Trends in Coronavirus partnering deals Financial deal terms for headline, upfront and royalty by stage of development Coronavirus...
The SUV is no longer just a utilitarian off-roader whose sole purpose is to transport goods and other essentials over hostile terrain. Over time, these vehicles have evolved and have started playing other roles as well, primarily as people carriers in urban and suburban areas; they are also used to make a statement of social standing in some...
2021 What’s Driving the Oil and Gas Industry?--Challenges and Opportunities for Suppliers--SWOT Analysis The series includes current assessments of more than 1,000 companies worldwide. Depending on the company’s business nature and structure, the assessments include all or some of the following analyses: Organization...
The global Power over Ethernet market was valued at US$ 820.4 million in 2019 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.8% during the forecast period to reach US$ 1,917.4 million by 2027. The popularity of LED lighting has grown at an unprecedented rate during the past few years owing to the falling price of LED and rising technological...
2021 Leading Brewing Companies SWOT Analysis--Capabilities, Goals and Strategies
In the dynamic and fragmented Brewing industry, besieged by intense competition and rapid change of technological innovations, the ability to anticipate new product introductions and marketing strategies is particularly important...and...
Research And Development
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.