This Kalorama Information report, The World Molecular Diagnostics Market, examines the current state for molecular assays, including cancer tests, NAT blood screening, transplantation testing, histology testing and inherited disease testing. Market size and forecasts are provided to 2021 for major segments and several subsegments. Profiles of operators and market share is provided.
As part of its coverage, the following market estimates are included in this report:
Microbiology Market, 2016-2021
Oncology Testing Market 2016-2021
Blood Screening Market 2016-2012
Infectious Disease Molecular Diagnostics Markets:
Hepatitis Test Market
HIV Diagnostics Market, 2016 to 2021
HAIs/Sepsis Market, 2016 to 2021
CT/NG Diagnostics Market, 2016 to 2021
HPV Diagnostics Market, 2016 to 2021
RSV Diagnostics Market, 2016 to 2021
Mycobacteria/TB Molecular Diagnostics Market, 2016 to 2021
Other Infectious Disease Molecular Diagnostics Market, 2016 to 2021
ISH Market by Application: Genetic, Cancer, Other, 2016 to 2021
Other Histology Molecular Diagnostics Market, 2016 to 2021
Inherited Diseases Molecular Diagnostics Market, 2016 to 2021
Transplant Diagnostics Market, 2016 to 2021
The major applications of clinical molecular diagnostics include the following:
• Infectious disease diagnostics - molecular microbiology and virology, including the detection, identification, quantification and nucleic-acid based resistance or susceptibility profiling of pathogens
• Blood transfusion diagnostics - nucleic acid screening (NAT) of donated blood, often pooled samples, for the detection of active infections responsible for transfusion transmitted infections (TTIs); ancillary market for molecular immunohematology or blood typing
• Histology / cytology diagnostics - largely synonymous with in situ hybridization (ISH) methods that use direct hybridization of chromogenic (CISH) or fluorescent (FISH) nucleic acid probes within slided tissue or suspended cell samples viewed under microscopy; ISH applications primarily include cancer testing and cytogenetics or chromosomal study
• Cancer diagnostics - tissue, blood and urine samples can be assayed using nucleic acid amplification tests (NAATs) or sequencing to diagnose, prognose and identify key mutations for targeted therapies; future additional capabilities are premised on liquid biopsy sampling (non-invasive fluid samples such as venous blood or urine) and next-generation sequencing (NGS) and include early cancer detection (including recurrence), therapy monitoring (remission)
• Transplant diagnostics - various PCR-based methodologies, Sanger sequencing and NGS used to type HLA alleles in low to high resolution in order to match donors and recipients for solid organ and hematopoietic stem cell (HSCT) or bone marrow transplants; post-transplant monitoring including for transplant rejection is an ancillary testing area
• Inherited disease diagnostics - diagnosis of rare genetic diseases and other inherited traits including pharmacodiagnostic (pharmacokinetic) traits; major area of application is thrombophilia markers and anticoagulant response markers
All of these areas are covered in Kalorama Information's 7th Edition report.
Advantages of Kalorama Information's report include:
- Market Share Analysis - This report contains market share analysis for each segment of molecular diagnostics. (inherited diseases contains a great number of tests, and thus key players in disease areas are discussed rather than market share computation).
- Company Profiles - the report fully functions as a benchmarking tool, providing recent revenue performance, product launches, acquisitions for every significant competitor in the market.
-Forecasts for each category of the market.
-Industry Focus - Kalorama reports are industry-focused, they are based on events in the industry and not on academic configurations or economic models.
-Expert Analyst - Kalorama reports are written by an expert group of analysts with combined decades of experience in IVD, biotech and medical device markets. These analysts are able to read between the lines, triangulate hard to discover data and sort through company hype.
-Healthcare only focus - Kalorama publishes only in healthcare. We track these markets on a regular basis and have sources in the industry that other competitors are too scattered in focus to maintain. Our brand as a top IVD, biotech and medical device market research publisher enables us to have unbiased conversations with industry and to provide independent analysis that in-house company research cannot produce.