Complete report $8,850. DataPack (test volumes, sales forecasts, supplier shares) $5,700.
VPGMarketResearch’s new report is an analysis of the major business opportunities emerging in the automated microbiology market during the next five years. The report examines key trends in the Japanese automated microbiology market; reviews current and emerging assays; analyzes potential applications of innovative diagnostic technologies; forecasts volume and sales for molecular diagnostic, microbial identification, antibiotic susceptibility, blood culture, urine screening and immunodiagnostic procedures, as well as over 100 infectious disease tests by assay, application, market segment, profiles leading players and potential market entrants; and suggests alternative business expansion strategies for suppliers.
The level of automation in the microbiology laboratory has been lagging behind that of other major clinical laboratory segments, such as chemistry and hematology. The slow acceptance of the technology is in part due to the complexity of developing automation suitable for microbiology tests.
The introduction of automated microbiology instrumentation has been delayed by a number of intrinsic and technical problems. The diffusion of automated microbiology systems, once the technology was developed, has not matched that of other automated laboratory technologies. The acquisition of automation in microbiology has been slowed by forces less easily identifiable than the effects of various reimbursement plans. Some laboratorians still believe that current instrumentation is not the ultimate technology and expect better automation on the horizon.
The driving force behind the need for rapid reporting of microbiological test results is the clinical relevance in a time of financial austerity, a time when cost and health care effectiveness to the patient and diagnostician looms ever larger, and where after-the-fact results at high expense are coming under severe scrutiny worldwide.
This comprehensive report will assist diagnostics industry executives, as well as companies planning to diversify into the dynamic and rapidly expanding microbiology market, in evaluating emerging opportunities and developing effective business strategies.
Supplier Shares, Sales and Volume Forecasts
- Sales and market shares of major suppliers of microbiology products, by individual test.
- Five-year test volume and sales forecasts for over 100 microbiology assays.
- Test volume estimates by method (molecular, serology/immunodiagnostics, culture/microscopy).
Japan Market Overview
- Review of the market dynamics, trends, structure, size, growth and major suppliers.
- Estimated universe of laboratories performing microbiology testing.
- Specimen, test volume and sales forecasts.
Business Opportunities and Strategic Recommendations
- Emerging opportunities for new analyzers, reagents kits, IT and other products with significant market appeal during the next five years.
- Design criteria for decentralized testing products.
- Alternative market penetration strategies.
- Potential market entry barriers and risks.
- Sterile Fluids: Blood, Serum, CSF
- Throat Swabs, Respiratory Secretions
- Genital Secretions
- Microbial Identification
- Antibiotic Susceptibility
- Urine Screening
- Blood Cultures
Review of Major Automated Systems
- Review of major automated molecular diagnostic, multipurpose, specialized, microbial identification, antibiotic susceptibility, blood culture, urine screening, and immunodiagnostic analyzers.
- The report features analyzers manufactured by Abbott, Alifax, Anagen, BD, Beckman Coulter/Danaher, Biochem, Biolog, bioMerieux, Bio-Rad, Biotrol, Cepheid, Curetis, GenMark, Hologic/Gen-Probe, HTG, Iris, J&J, Labsystems, Life Technologies, MiDI, Olympus, Qiagen, Roche, Siemens, Sy-Lab, Sysmex, Tecan, Thermo Fisher, Tosoh.
Infectious Diseases Analyzed in the Report
AIDS/HIV, Adenovirus, Aeromonads, Bartonella, Blastocystis Hominis, Campylobacter, Candida, Chancroid, Chlamydia, Clostridium, Coronavirus, Coxsackievirus, Cryptosporidium, Cyclospora, CMV, E. Coli, Echovirus, Encephalitis, Enterovirus, EBV, Giardia, Gonorrhea, Granuloma Inguinale, Hantavirus, H. Pylori, Hepatitis, Herpes Influenza, Legionella, Lyme Disease, Lymphogranuloma, Malaria, Measles, Meningitis, Microsporidium, Mononucleosis, Mumps, Mycoplasma, HPV, Parvovirus, Pneumonia, Polyomaviruses, Pseudomonas, Rabies, RSV, Rhinovirus, Rotavirus , Rubella, Salmonella, Septicemia, Shigella, Staphylococci, Streptococci, Syphilis, Toxoplasmosis, Trichomonas, TB, Vibrio, West Nile, Yersinia and others.
- Assessment of molecular diagnostic, monoclonal antibody, immunoassay, and other technologies and their potential applications for the microbiology market.
- Global listings of companies developing or marketing microbiology products by individual test.
- Strategic assessments of major suppliers and start-up firms developing innovative technologies and products, including their sales, product portfolios, marketing tactics, collaborative arrangements, and new products in R&D.
- The companies analyzed in the report include:
- Agilent Technologies
- Applied Gene Technologies
- Arca Biopharma
- Beckman Coulter/Danaher
- Becton Dickinson
- CellMark Forensics/LabCorp
- Decode Genetics
- Eiken Chemical
- Elitech Group
- Enzo Biochem
- Exact Sciences
- ID Biomedical/GSK
- Li-Cor Biosciences
- Monogram Biosciences
- Myriad Genetics
- Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics
- Perkin Elmer/Caliper Life Sciences
- Proteome Sciences
- Sierra Molecular
- Takara Bio
- Thermo Fisher
Contains 421 pages and 79 tables