Country Profile: Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces in Indonesia
- September 2018 •
- 144 pages •
- Report ID: 4938366 •
- Format: PDF
The Indonesian seasonings, dressings & sauces sector is led by the ‘condiment sauces’ category, both by value and volume terms during 2017.However, the bouillons & stocks category is forecast to register the fastest value growth during 2017-2022.
Health & wellness attributes such as ‘free from’ and consumer benefits such as ‘health management’ are expected to be the major growth drivers of the health & wellness market during 2017-2022.Kids & babies (0-15 years) accounted for the highest consumption of seasonings, dressings & sauces in the country.
The Kraft Heinz Co, Unilever and Ajinomoto Group are the leading market players in the Indonesian seasonings, dressings & sauces sector.
GlobalData’s Country Profile report on the seasonings, dressings & sauces sector in Indonesia provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2012-2022
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for ‘bouillons & stocks’, ‘chutneys & relishes’, condiment sauces, dips, dressings, dry cooking sauces, ‘herbs, spices & seasonings’, ‘tomato pastes and purées’, and wet cooking sauces with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2017-2022
- Leading players: Market share of brands (in value and volume terms) and private labels (in value terms) in 2017
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as cash & carries and warehouse clubs , convenience stores, department stores, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, e-retailers, food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, and other general retailers
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, paper & board, rigid plastics, and others; pack type for: jar, bottle, bag/sachet, tub, box, pouch, and tube.
- The per capita consumption of seasonings, dressings & sauces was lower in Indonesia compared to both the regional and global levels in 2017
- Bouillons & stocks is the only category which is expected to gain market share in value terms during 2017-2022
- The ‘bouillons & stocks’ category is expected to gain maximum market share in volume terms during 2017-2022
- Per capita consumption of condiment sauces was higher when compared to other seasonings, dressings & sauces in Indonesia, in 2017.
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.