Summary Global Internet Access industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Key Highlights - The internet access sector consists of the total Internet Service Revenue charged for the provision of narrowband and broadband Internet connections through both consumer and corporate channels. All revenues calculated are retail revenues exclusive of taxes.
- Digital subscriber lines (xDSL) refer collectively to all types of digital subscriber lines, including ADSL and SDSL, HDSL and so on. Cable refers to systems using coaxial cable and successive technologies (e.g., HFC) in transporting television broadcast, Internet and voice in the access network. Coaxial cable can achieve bandwidth speeds faster than 750 Mbps, but analog TV pictures require some 8 Mbps of bandwidth, and transmission of Internet and voice signals takes place at much lower rates. Fixed Wireless Access category refers to local access via fixed wireless links. Fiber Optic (FTTH/B) segment coversfiber to the home as well as fiber to the building connections.
- Market volumes represent total number of Internet users.
- Any currency conversions have been calculated using constant annual average 2019 exchange rates.
- COVID-19: The assumption has been made that after the pandemic is over the global economy will gradually go back to the levels recorded before. It is also assumed that there is no widespread economic crisis as seen in 2008 due to announced financial support packages from governments around world. In November 2020, at the time of the preparation of this report, the economic implications of national and local lockdowns of many economies are difficult to predict as there is no indication how long the pandemic will last, nor how many industries will be forced to stay closed and the scale of the governmental aid involved.
- The global internet access market is expected to generate total revenues of $278.0bn in 2020, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.8% between 2016 and 2020.
- Market consumption volume is forecast to increase with a CAGR of 4.8% between 2016 and 2020, to reach a total of 3,482.7 million subscriptions in 2020.
- COVID-19 has led to greater reliance on internet use due to lockdowns and workplace closures, which have forced many people to work from home.
Scope - Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global internet access market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global internet access market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key internet access market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global internet access market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to Buy - What was the size of the global internet access market by value in 2020?
- What will be the size of the global internet access market in 2025?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global internet access market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global internet access market?
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Executive Summary The Global Silicon on Insulator Market, valued at USD 854.78 Million in the year 2019 has been witnessing unprecedented growth in the last few years on the back of growing demand of semiconductor devices and growing demand of SOI wafers in consumer electronics. Additionally, high proliferation of smartphones...
The Content Delivery Network (CDN) market size is projected to grow from USD 14.4 billion in 2020 to USD 27.9 billion in 2025, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 14.1% forecast period. The major factors driving the growth of the CDN market include the rising need for effective solutions to enable live and uninterrupted content delivery...
Internet Access Global Group of Eight (G8) Industry Guide 2016-2025
The G8 Internet Access industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions...
59 pages •
By Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd
• Feb 2021
Gondwana-2 scheduled for completion in 2022 The South Pacific region has become a hub for submarine cable system developments in recent years, with further networks scheduled to come online later in 2021 and into 2022. These new cables are expected to increase competition in the region with regards to international...
Australia PESTLE Insights - A Macroeconomic Outlook Report
Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 21.5% to the country’s GVA in 2020, followed by mining, manufacturing and utilities (17.45%) and wholesale, retail and hotels (10.85%). In nominal terms,...
Printer jam: The COVID-19 pandemic is expected to accelerate the industry’s decline in the current year Abstract Newspaper Printing in the UK This industry comprises companies that print newspapers on their own behalf or on a contract basis. The industry also includes the printing of periodicals that...
Hungary PESTLE Insights - A Macroeconomic Outlook Report
Mining, manufacturing and utilities activity contributed 25.6% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2019, followed by financial intermediation, real estate and business activity (23.0%), and other services (20.6%). In nominal terms,...
Internet Access North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide 2016-2025
The NAFTA Internet Access industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions of...
Internet Access Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide 2016-2025
The Emerging 5 Internet Access industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions...
Sweden In-depth PESTLE Insights
This PESTLE country analysis report on Sweden provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
Research And Development
Youth Unemployment Rate
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.