Automotive Chassis Market by Chassis Type, Material, Electric Vehicle, Vehicle Type And Region - Global Forecast to 2025
- January 2018 •
- 153 pages •
- Report ID: 5281903
The automotive chassis market is estimated to be USD 50.78 billion in 2017 and is projected to reach USD 78.44 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 5.59%. Increased need to reduce the emission levels, the need to reduce the vehicle weight for better fuel efficiency, and the increase in sales of commercial vehicles due to increasing industrialization globally are equally contributing to the increasing sales of automotive chassis.
High cost of light weight material and growing trend of shared mobility are anticipated to constrain the growth of automotive chassis market.
Skateboard chassis: Key chassis type to be used in electric vehicles
The skateboard chassis type is expected to show the fastest growth, followed by monocoque chassis. The electric vehicle should be light weight so that the electric motor employed in it can be used to its optimum level. This type of chassis also allows any kind of body to be built over it, which is highly favorable for the OEMs.
Monocoque chassis to have fastest growth in Passenger cars segment
The monocoque chassis type is expected to show the fastest growth, followed by ladder chassis. The need to reduce vehicle weight and emission levels is expected to boost the use of monocoque type construction in passenger cars. The increasing demand for crash safety has also led to the growth of the monocoque chassis type.
Passenger cars segment to have the largest share in automotive chassis market, by vehicle type
The passenger cars segment is expected to have the largest market share in automotive chassis market, in terms of volume. Growing production of vehicles and increasing demand of passenger cars in developing nations are the factors contributing to the growth of passenger cars segment. Along with these factors, the improving living standards and the growing buying power of people in developed and developing economies are also contributing to the increasing sales of passenger cars throughout the globe.
The study contains insights from various industry experts, ranging from component suppliers to Tier 1 companies and OEMs. The break-up of the primaries is as follows:
• By Company Type - Tier 1 - 45 %, Tier 2 - 35%, Tier 3 - 20%
• By Designation - C level - 35%, D level - 25%, Others - 40%
• By Region - North America - 38%, Europe - 31%, Asia-Pacific - 23%, RoW - 8%
Major players profiled in the report are as follows:
• Continental (Germany)
• ZF (Germany)
• Magna (Canada)
• Aisin Seiki (Japan)
• Tower International (US)
• Benteler (Germany)
• CIE Automotive (Spain)
• Schaeffler (Germany)
• F-Tech (Japan)
• KLT Auto (India)
• Hyundai Mobis (South Korea)
• Alois Kober (Germany)
The report segments the automotive chassis market and forecasts its size, by volume & Value, on the basis of chassis type (backbone chassis, modular chassis, monocoque chassis, and ladder chassis), material type (steel, aluminum & magnesium alloy, and carbon fiber composite), electric vehicle type (HEV, PHEV, and BEV), vehicle type (PC, LCV, and HCV), and region (Asia pacific, Europe, North America, and RoW)
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report provides insights about the following points:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information about the automotive chassis offered by top players in the market
• Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights into upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and new system launches in the automotive chassis market
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about types of automotive chassis technology. The report analyzes the market for automotive chassis technology in multiple regions.
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped regional markets, recent developments, and investments in the automotive chassis market.
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of the market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the automotive chassis market.