Summary UAE is home to an extremely fast growing wine market, powered by a buoyant economy featuring large scale immigration and rapid economic development. UAE Wine market registered strong growth at a CAGR of 20.5% during 2011-2016. However, weakening oil prices, slower oil output growth and scheduled VAT introduction in 2018 will impact the economy during 2016-2021 which in return will result in slowing down of both value and volume sales of Wine products during the same period. Consequently, the market is forecast to register slower growth during 2016-2021.
UAE Wine market is projected to continue to grow rapidly during 2016-2021. Though the growth CAGR will drop; as it is inevitable to an extent as the market is no longer benefitting from an extremely small size which can make extremely rapid growth rates a possibility.
Wine in the UAE is only available to around 1/5th of the population, as Muslims are not permitted to drink alcohol in the country. Non-Muslims have to apply for and receive an alcohol permit in order to buy alcohol, though this is merely a formality and all non-Muslims, including tourists, can buy alcohol in hotel bars.
Despite alcohol being outlawed for the Muslim population and the penalties for drunkenness amongst this group being severe, there is a large, a rapidly growing demographic of wealthy non-Muslims who enjoy drinking alcohol are driving market growth in both value and volume terms. Tourism from non-Muslim countries has also been a major factor.
Amongst the top ten Wine markets, the UAE ranks sixth in terms of per capita expenditure in US$, larger than Japan, South Korea, China and Malaysia. Further, the per capita expenditure on Wine products grew strongly by 19.1% CAGR during 2011-2016. This growth is primarily attributed to huge influx of tourists in the country each day who are willing to spend more on premium Wine products to relish their stay.
The report "Top Growth Opportunities: Wine in the UAE", provides recommended actions and detailed analysis of how to target the best growth opportunities for Wine producers and retailers. Readers can understand what categories, channels, companies, and consumers will drive the success of Wine markets in UAE through our detailed and robust data, expert insight, and case studies.
Furthermore, this report provides the following -
- Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the UAE market. Improve your consumer targeting by understanding who’s driving the market, what they want, and why.
- A study of market value and volumes over 2011-2016 for UAE, supplemented with category, brand and packaging analysis that shows the current state of the market, and how it will evolve over the 2016-2021 period.
- White space analysis, to pinpoint attractive spaces in the market and the key actions to take.
- Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the consumer needs will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
- Examples of international and regional product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
Companies mentioned in this report: African & Eastern, MMI Dubai, Accolade Wines, Nino Franco, LMVH
Scope - The UAE is a relatively small market in the global Wine sector in terms of value in US$ terms.
- The UAE market is amongst the fastest growing in the world
- Wine consumption is centered on the substantial western expat community.
- The mature tastes and premium factors attached to Wine products are driving consumption within this group.
- Over 2016-2021, still wine will remain the highest value category and alongside fortied wine it is expected to record loss of share growth in the same period with sparkling wine gaining market share
Reasons to buy - This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of the UAE’s Wine consumers.
- This is based on GlobalData’s unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Wine sector.
- Category, brand, and packaging dynamics are also examined. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Opportunities in the Western Europe Wine Sector
The global wine sector was valued at US$372,482.4 million in 2019 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.2%, to reach US$ 456,963.2 million by 2024. Western Europe was the largest market for wine, accounting for 40.8% value share of the...
Italy Wine - Market Assessment and Forecasts to 2024
The Italian wine sector is led by the still wine category in both value and volume terms in 2019.The sparkling wine category is forecast to register the fastest value and volume growth during 2019-2024.
Hypermarkets & supermarkets...
Spain Wine Market Assessment and Forecasts to 2024
The Spain wine sector was led by still wine category in value and volume terms during 2019-2024.Food and Drinks specialists is the leading channel for distribution of wine in the country.
Glass was the most commonly used pack...
India Wine Market Assessment and Forecasts to 2024
The Indian wine sector was led by still wine category in value and volume terms in 2019.Furthermore, the sparkling wine category is also forecast to register fastest value growth, while still wine category is forecast to register fastest...
Wine in Germany - Top Growth Opportunities
Top Growth Opportunities for Wine in Germany provides an overview of the wine market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption.proprietary Risk vs Reward Opportunity...
239 pages •
By Asia Market Information & Development Company
• May 2020
China’s demand for Alcohol & Wine has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. In the next decade, both production and demand will continue to grow. The Chinese economy maintains a high speed growth which has been stimulated by the consecutive increases of industrial output, import & export, consumer consumption...
95 pages •
By Asia Market Information & Development Company
• May 2020
This study focuses on China’s Alcohol & Wine industry forecasts. In the two past decades, the industry has been growing at a fast pace. The dramatic expansions of the manufacturing capabilities and rising consumer consumptions in China have transformed China’s society and economy. China is one of the world’s major...
Top Growth Opportunities: Wine in Singapore
Top Growth Opportunities for Wine in Singapore provides recommended actions and detailed analysis of how to target the best growth opportunities for Wine producers and retailers. Readers can understand what categories, channels, companies, and...
The Colombian wine sector is led by ‘still wine’ category in both value and volume terms while the fortified wine category is expected to register the fastest value and volume growth during 2018-2023.On-trade transactions accounted for the leading share in distribution of...
Colombia Wine - Market Assessment and Forecast to 2023
The Colombian wine sector is led by ‘still wine’ category in both value and volume terms while the fortified wine category is expected to register the fastest value and volume growth during 2018-2023.On-trade transactions accounted...
Household Consumption Expenditure
Real Gross Domestic Product
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.