Black Swan Analysis Epiomic™ Epidemiology Forecast Report on Chronic Pancreatitis in 23 Major Markets
Chronic pancreatitis (CP) is a persistent low-level inflammation of the pancreas involving progressive inflammatory and fibrotic changes in the exocrine parts of the organ. As a result of constant inflammation, scarring and fibrosis of the pancreatic ducts occur, leading to permanent structural damage and impairment the organ’s secretory functions. Eventually, both endocrine and exocrine functions become impaired. CP has a strongly debilitating effect on patients, leading to malnutrition, weight loss and pancreatogenic diabetes, and causing persistent abdominal pain that is difficult to alleviate.
This report provides the current prevalent population for chronic pancreatitis across 23 Major Markets (USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Poland, Netherlands, Finland, Denmark, Austria, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Turkey, Japan, China, South Korea, India, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. In addition to the current prevalence, the report provides an overview of the risk factors, diagnosis and prognosis of the disease, along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, chronic pancreatitis patients grouped by aetiology, as well as the main comorbidities of the disease have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Main symptoms and co-morbidities of chronic pancreatitis include: • Alcoholism
• Malabsorption with weight loss
• Type 3c diabetes mellitus
• Coeliac disease
• Cystic fibrosis
• Pancreatic cancer
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world-class sources that deliver the most up-to-date information form patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All of the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy • Ability to quantify patient populations in global chronic pancreatitis market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
• Further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of chronic pancreatitis and identification of patient segments with high potential.
• Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
• Better understanding of the impact of specific co-morbid conditions on the prevalent population of chronic pancreatitis patients.
• Identification of chronic pancreatitis patient sub-populations that require treatment.
• Better understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of chronic pancreatitis patients.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including: