Summary Pancreatic cancer (International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, 10th Revision [ICD-10] code = C25) is the seventh leading cause of cancer deaths worldwide.Pancreatic cancer occurs when cells in the pancreas develop mutations in their DNA and grow uncontrollably.
These accumulating cells form a tumor.Untreated pancreatic cancer spreads to nearby organs and blood vessels.
PDAC or pancreatic exocrine cancer is the most common type of pancreatic cancer and begins in the cells that line the ducts of the pancreas. PDAC is an aggressive form of pancreatic cancer where approximately 60-80% of patients already have distant metastasis at presentation.
Epidemiologists used age- and sex-specific diagnosed incidence and prevalence rates to forecast the diagnosed incident and prevalent cases, considering the significant relationship between age and incidence. Epidemiologists applied country-specific incidence rates of pancreatic cancer, wherever available, to each country’s population to obtain the number of estimated diagnosed incident cases.
The following data describes epidemiology of PDAC cases.In 2019, the 8MM had 178,128 diagnosed incident cases of PDAC.
This is expected to increase to 224,769 diagnosed incident cases by 2029, at an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 2.62%. This increase is partly attributed to the moderately rising trend in incidence in the 8MM, combined with underlying demographic changes in the respective markets. In the 8MM, the five-year diagnosed prevalent cases of PDAC will increase from 113,292 cases in 2019 to 140,914 cases in 2029, at an AGR of 2.44%. The early diagnosis and development of more effective therapies, particularly for elderly patients, would improve survival from PDAC.
Scope - Pancreatic Cancer Epidemiology Report provides an overview of the risk factors and global trends of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC) in the eight major markets (8MM: US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, and Urban China).
- This report also includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast for the following segmentations across the 8MM: diagnosed incident cases of pancreatic cancer and PDAC; PDAC segmented by sex and age (18-29 years, 30-39 years, 40-49 years, 50-59 years, 60-69 years, 70-79 years, and 80 years and older); diagnosed five-year prevalent cases PDAC; diagnosed incident cases of PDAC by cancer staging; and diagnosed incident cases of PDAC by biomarkers.
- The Pancreatic Cancer Epidemiology Report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The Epidemiology Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 8MM.
Reasons to Buy The PDAC Epidemiology series will allow you to -
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global pancreatic cancer and PDAC market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global PDAC market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the PDAC cancer stages that present the best opportunities for PDAC therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
- Understand magnitude of PDAC market by biomarkers.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The Global Oncology Precision Medicine Market to Reach $148.66 Billion by 2030
Market Report Coverage - Oncology Precision Medicine
• By Application: Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Cervical Cancer, Other Applications
• By Ecosystem:...
The alpha emitter market is expected to witness a healthy CAGR of 36.7% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025). Certain factors that are driving the market growth include increased awareness about the potential benefits of targeted alpha therapy and the growing number of patients with cardiac and cancer ailments. Targeted anticancer...
The propelling factors for the growth of the apheresis market include the increasing number of diseases, a rise in the demand for blood components and associated safety, technological advancement in the development of new apheresis techniques, and rise in the reimbursement policies and funding for apheresis procedures. With the increasing...
The global cancer cachexia market was valued at USD 2,256.35 million in 2020, and it is expected to reach USD 2,974.49 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 4.47% during the forecast period. The outbreak of COVID-19 impacted the cancer cachexia market, as hospitals and healthcare services were significantly reduced due to social distancing...
Nanoscale technology is widely used in medical devices and medicine where manipulations are made at the molecular level, taking advantage of the novel properties of a material. The primary demand of this field in medicine is in making improvements in the delivery of treatments and healthcare outcomes. Nanomedicine refers to the usage of nanoscale...
Supportive Care in Cancer - Comprehensive Overview, Pipeline Products, Research and Development Strategies and Unmet Needs
Supportive care in cancer is an evolving discipline of medicine that is critical for holistic management of patients with cancer. With significant advancements being...
200 pages •
By The Business Research Company
• Dec 2020
Major players in the cancer clinical decision tools market are McKesson Corporation, Medical Information Technology Inc., Philips Healthcare, Siemens Healthineers, Elsevier B.V., Macmillan and National Decision Support Company. The global cancer clinical decision tools market is expected to decline from $0.38 billion in 2019 to $0.35...
The global cell isolation market size is projected to reach USD 15.0 billion by 2025 from USD 6.9billion in 2020, at a CAGR of 16.8% during the forecast period. Market growth is driven by factors The growing investments in personalized medicine can primarily be attributed to the growing demand for advanced treatments with minimal side-effects...
In Vitro Diagnostics
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.