- StrategyR - A Trademark of Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
- Project Edition: 16
- Influencer Pool: 944
- MarketGlass™ Platform -
Our influencer driven interactive research platform draws from unique perspectives of participating executives from featured companies. In addition to being a global intelligence exchange platform, MarketGlass™ is a powerful knowledge center that delivers dynamic project-focused market intelligence. Client companies will have complete insider access to the project Data stack.
- Interactive peer-to-peer and enterprise-to-enterprise ideation and market intelligence exchange is facilitated via a robust, secure, and validated process. The process draws from uniquely qualified project-specific and geographically focused executives overseeing business development, marketing and sales operations.
- Trends & Factors - Identifying and validating local trends and factors driving each competitive marketplace. These factors include pricing variances, market trajectories, Covid-19 impact and recovery, locally active leading brands, and other parameters impacting the region in the short to medium term such as supply chain realignments.
- Mobile Access & App - Our mobile version of the report may be accessed via our mobile app or directly for a full mobile experience.
- Complimentary Updates - for one year. At least one update in 12-month period is normal and anytime there’s a significant change affecting the market dynamics.
- Bespoke Updates & Team Collaborations - Clients may build a bespoke version of our report with peers on our MarketGlass™ platform which enables multidimensional data simulations.
- Knowledge Center - clients have full-stack data access for project data they support or purchase including primary research engagement stats, companies and executives.
- The global market for Surface Mount Technology (SMT) Equipment is projected to reach US$5.6 billion by 2025, driven by technological innovations in next generation electronics, rising demand for mobile communication devices, need for speed and flexibility in electronics manufacturing, and rise in the number of electronic contract manufacturers. In the current age of electronics and digital revolution, chip architecture, production, design and packaging technologies remain important and lucrative. A host of factors are driving opportunities in key end-use industries with the most important of them being rise of smartphones as unified communication tools; ubiquitous use of radios, pagers, GPS instruments and Bluetooth devices; age of wireless networking; omnipresence of laptops/ultrabooks; growing base of connected devices; industrial automation and smart factory; integration of electronics in implants, surgical devices and diagnostic equipment; rise of telemedicine and robotic surgeries; commercialization of smart, connected and autonomous cars; development of Fly-By-Wire aircraft; and consumer IoT and emerging concept of smart connected appliances/homes. Other major factors driving growth include stable R&D investments in electronics packaging and chip design and architecture; continued focus on miniaturization of electronic components; and increased adoption of automation technologies for more efficient assembling and packaging of electronic sub-systems. Growing competition and the urgent need to increase manufacturing throughput and reduce time-to-market is helping drive strong adoption of advanced and highly efficient ‘pick & place’ machines. Few of the benefits offered by SMT machines include detection of defects, lower risk of production re-runs and improved quality control and reduced board and material handling costs perfectly suited for electronics assembly and packaging. Asia-Pacific represents the largest and the fastest growing market worldwide with a CAGR of 8.2% over the analysis period, led by booming electronics contract manufacturing sector in Southeast Asian countries; emergence of Taiwan and South Korea as hubs for semiconductor production, innovation and excellence; and strong domestic demand for electronic products and solutions.
Select Competitors (Total 84 Featured) -
- ASM Assembly Systems GmbH & Co. KG
- CyberOptics Corporation
- Electro Scientific Industries, Inc.
- Fuji Corporation
- Glenbrook Technologies, Inc.
- Heller Industries, Inc.
- Illinois Tool Works, Inc.
- Juki Corporation
- Koh Young Technology, Inc.
- Kulicke & Soffa Pte Ltd.
- Mycronic AB
- Naprotek, Inc.
- Nikon Metrology NV
- Nordson DAGE
- Omron Corporation
- Orbotech, Ltd.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Saki Corporation
- Teradyne, Inc.
- Universal Instruments Corporation
- Viscom AG
- Yamaha Motor Co. Ltd.
- YXLON International GmbH