Summary The Zambian social security system is based on the social insurance model and protects against income loss due to retirement, disability, and death.All employed individuals in the formal sector are required to contribute to the statutory pension scheme.
Individuals not covered by the scheme can contribute voluntarily. The insurance industry’s growth was recently affected by bottlenecks such as its legal framework, fiscal regime, and investment climate, which are expected to be addressed soon by the Pensions and Insurance Authority.
The report provides in-depth industry analysis, information, and insights of the employee benefits in Zambia, including an overview of the state and compulsory benefits in Zambia, detailed information about the private benefits in Zambia, insights on various central institutions responsible for the administration of the different branches of social security and the regulatory framework of the employee benefits in Zambia.
Key Highlights - State and compulsory benefits include all mandatory benefits to be provided to employees
- Pension pillar system in Zambia consists of three pillars
- Old-age and survivor’s pensions, insurance against accidents at work and occupational diseases, medical benefits, and annual vacation are the main compulsory benefits in force in Zambia
- The national social security institutions are the National Pensions Scheme Authority (NAPSA), the Public Service Pension Fund (PSPF), and the Local Authorities Superannuation Fund (LASF)
Scope This report provides a detailed analysis of employee benefits in Zambia -
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key government-sponsored employee benefits, along with private benefits
- It covers an exhaustive list of employee benefits, including retirement benefits, death in service, long-term disability benefits, medical benefits, workmen’s compensation insurance, maternity and paternity benefits, family benefits, unemployment, long-term care benefits, leave and private benefits
- It highlights the economic and regulatory situations relating to employee benefits in Zambia
Reasons to Buy - Make strategic decisions using in-depth information related to employee benefits in Zambia
- Assess Zambia’s employee benefits market, including state and compulsory benefits and private benefits
- Gain insights into the key employee benefit schemes offered by private employers in Zambia
- Gain insights into key organizations governing Zambia’s employee benefits, and their impact on companies
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Employee Benefits in Colombia, 2021 Update - Key Regulations, Statutory Public and Private Benefits, and Industry Analysis Summary Colombia has a basic social security system with low coverage and participation.The country’s social insurance system was initially introduced for public sector employee...
Employee Benefits in Kenya, 2021 Update - Key Regulations, Statutory Public and Private Benefits, and Industry Analysis Summary Kenya’s social security system is considered important for the security of workers, their families, and the community. The Kenyan social security system is divided into...
Employee Benefits in Kazakhstan, 2021 Update - Key Regulations, Statutory Public and Private Benefits, and Industry Analysis Summary Kazakhstan’s social security system consists of the social insurance system and social assistance system.The social security system covers a large proportion of...
Employee Benefits in the Dominican Republic 2021 Summary The Dominican Republic has a comprehensive social security system.There are three schemes under which social security benefits are granted to the country’s residents and citizens: a contributory scheme that covers employees; a contributory...
Employee Benefits in Cyprus 2021 Summary The social security system in Cyprus is comprehensive and covers all gainfully employed and self-employed people.The state, employers, and employees are the main participants in the social security system. The system has evolved and changed significantly...
Employee Benefits in South Korea 2021 Summary The South Korean social security system comprises social insurance, public assistance, and social welfare services.The main component is the social insurance program and the most important sector, concerning resources and expansion, is health insurance. The...
United Kingdom (UK) Pensions Market Analysis and Forecast to 2025 - Analysing Market by Product and COVID-19 Impact on Consumers’ Attitudes and Behaviours Summary The COVID-19 pandemic caused the UK pensions market to shrink drastically, falling by 21.9% to £12.8bn annual premium equivalent (APE)...
Employee Benefits in Malta 2021 Summary The Maltese economy is one of the smallest in the EU.Employee benefits in Malta can be broadly classified into two types: social security benefits and private benefits. The Maltese social security system covers the entire population and plays a...
Employee Benefits in Liechtenstein, 2021 Update - Key Regulations, Statutory Public and Private Benefits, and Industry Analysis Summary The principality of Liechtenstein’s social security system covers all persons residing or working in the country.State pensions, corporate or company pensions...
Employee Benefits in Costa Rica 2021 Summary The Costa Rican social security system provides universal cover for the healthcare and old-age needs of people living in Costa Rica.While all employees are required to contribute, the social security system also takes care of those unable to do so. The...
Life Insurance Claims
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.