3D Imaging Sensors and Hardware for Consumer, Mobile, Automotive, Robotics & Industrial, Drones, and Other Applications: Global Market Analysis and Forecasts
With advances in computer vision technology, it has become possible to capture 3D images using many different sensors and, in the process, to extract depth information. The low cost and versatility of this computer vision technology is now reaching a wide range of application markets that include automotive, consumer and mobile, robotics and industrial, and drones, among others. This report examines various technical and market dynamics pertaining to sensors and hardware that are used to extract 3D images for specific applications.
Tractica’s analysis indicates that the market for 3D imaging sensors and hardware subsystems will grow from $8.2 billion in 2017 to $57.9 billion by 2025 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 28%. The mobile and automotive application markets were the two largest segments in 2017 and are expected to continue to be the leading applications in 2025. The industrial market is expected to achieve a CAGR of 53%, the highest growth rate among all markets, whereas the mobile market is expected to be the largest overall market for 3D sensors and hardware subsystems, accounting for $18.1 billion in 2025.
This Tractica report examines the market trends and technology issues surrounding different 3D sensors and presents forecasts for the period from 2017 through 2025. The report presents in-depth analysis of 3D sensors including laser, radar, infrared, light, and ultrasound sensors. It also discusses key use cases, business and technology challenges, and recent industry developments. Market forecasts for unit shipments, average selling price, and revenue are segmented by application market for 3D sensors as well as hardware subsystems.
Key Questions Addressed:
- What are the key sensors in 3D imaging? How are cameras being used to reconstruct 3D images? Which sensors are most popular for 3D imaging?
- What are the main technology trends that are driving the evolution of 3D imaging?
- What are some of the challenges in 3D sensors?
- How will 3D imaging aid self-navigation?
- What are the key applications, now and in the future, for 3D imaging technology?
- Who are the key players in the 3D imaging market, and what are their relative strengths and weaknesses?
- What is the size of the market opportunity for various 3D imaging applications, and why will some grow faster than others in the years ahead?
Who Needs This Report?
- Consumer electronics manufacturers
- Industrial automation and robotics companies
- Medical device manufacturers
- Automotive companies
- Semiconductor and component vendors
- Computer vision application technology companies
- Software developers and integrators
- Government agencies
- Investor community