Multi-walled carbon nanotubes (MWCNTs)-enhanced products are commercially available. MWCNT arrays, sheers, flakes, films and yarns have found applications in consumer electronics, power cables, batteries, polymer composites, coatings, aerospace, sensors, heaters, filters and biomedicine. However, the market for MWCNTs has witnessed a decline in large-scale production. In 2012, Showa Denko closed the world’s biggest MWCNT synthesis plant with capacity of 400 tonnes. In 2013, Bayer Material Science also announced the closure of its MWCNT production. In 2016, Hanwha Nanotech Co., Ltd. closed its MWCNT capacity. A planned MWCNT production capacity increase by Kumho Petrochemical Co., Ltd. has been postponed indefinitely.
Large-scale industrial production of single-walled carbon nanotubes (SWCNTs) has been initiated, promising new market opportunities in transparent conductive films, transistors, sensors and memory devices.
Market volume for SWCNTs will increase in the coming years due to multi-volume production methods coming on stream and reduction in price. This will allow for penetration in high volume markets such as polymer composites, coatings, rubber and tires, batteries, construction materials, power cables and plastics.
- Global production capacities for MWCNTS and SWCNTs, historical and forecast to 2030.
- Current and future products.
- Market drivers, trends and challenges, by target markets.
- In-depth market assessment of opportunities for carbon nanotubes including potential revenues, pricing, most likely applications and market challenges.
- Market analysis-Carbon nanotubes in:
- 3D printing.
- Aerospace and aviation.
- Electronics (Flexible electronics, conductive films and displays; conductive inks; transistors, integrated circuites; memory devices; photonics)
- Energy storage, conversion and exploration (Batteries, supercapacitors, photovoltaics, fuel cells and hydrogen storage)
- Filtration and separation.
- Life sciences and medical.
- Power cables.
- Oil and gas.
- Rubber and tires.
- Smart textiles and apparel.
- Precise analysis of opportunities, by applications.
- In-depth company profiles of over 100 producers and product developers.
- Predictions for key growth areas and opportunities.
- Analysis of the market for boron nitride nantotubes.