Fixed Broadband Market Trends and Opportunities in AME - 2019
Summary Fixed Broadband Market Trends and Opportunities in Africa & the Middle East - 2019,’ a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the fixed broadband market in Asia-Pacific. It delivers quantitative and qualitative insights into the fixed broadband market, analyzing key trends and growth drivers in the region.
The Africa & the Middle East region is characterized by a vast disparity in the maturity of fixed broadband infrastructure levels resulting in a variety of initiatives required to boost fixed broadband penetration.Some countries are focusing on building and enhancing the core infrastructure, such as national backbone networks, required to deliver fixed broadband, while others are focusing on increasing fiber coverage and providing higher speeds.
Increased competition in the fixed broadband market is being driven by national broadband initiatives focused on providing affordable broadband through regulated wholesale networks, further multiplay and VAS services are increasing competitive pressure.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Section 1: Africa & the Middle East in a Global Context: This section provides a comparison of Africa & the Middle East’s macro-economic KPIs, fixed telecoms market size, and trends with other regions.
- Section 2: Regional Market Trends and Competitive Dynamics: This section analyses the competitive dynamics that have been shaping the Asia-Pacific fixed broadband markets over the past few years, including market entries, market exits, consolidation, and M&A activities.
- Section 3: Fixed Broadband Subscription Trends: Provides analysis, historical figures, and forecasts of fixed broadband subscriptions and usage trends in the region as well as their growth drivers.
- Section 4: Fixed Broadband Revenue Trends: Examines changes in the breakdown of overall revenue and ARPU over 2019-2024. - Section 5: Key findings: A summary of key findings and growth opportunities for the Asia-Pacific fixed broadband market.
Scope - Fixed broadband line penetration of the population will reach 5.8% in 2019, and will grow to 8.9% by 2024
- AME’s fixed Internet users will record significant growth, expanding from 415 million Internet users in 2019 and reaching circa 666 million Internet users by 2024.
- FTTH/B will account for 32.4% of total fixed broadband lines in 2024, up from 23.3% in 2019. This is driven by telcos improving their offerings with bundled TV content and other VAS services to attract more customers.
Reasons to buy - This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination through forward-looking analysis of Africa & the Middle East’s fixed broadband markets trends in a concise analytical format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying ourForecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Africa & the Middle East’s fixed broadband markets.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive actionable insights will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players better position to seize the growth opportunities in Africa & the Middle East’s evolving fixed broadband market.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
"Fixed telecoms revenue will grow slightly in the Middle East and North Africa between 2019 and 2025, mainly thanks to increased fixed broadband adoption." Operators’ investments in fibre and other technologies (such as VDSL) in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) will lead to strong fixed broadband revenue growth,...
The structured cabling market is expected to grow from USD 10.9 billion in 2020 to USD 13.5 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 4.3%.. The market growth can be attributed to several factors, such as increasing demand for high-speed connectivity devices & systems, rising trend of data center convergence, and growing investments in communication infrastructure....
The cable connector market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.94% during the forecast period from 2021 to 2026. The market for cable connectors is booming, owing to the global digital transition. Reliable connectivity, high performance, and efficiency are the major factors boosting the growth of the market studied. High-performance networks...
The cable management market was valued at USD 22.50 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach a value of USD 37.81 billion by 2026 at a CAGR of 10.94 %, over the forecast period (2021 - 2026). With ongoing technological progression with an aim to circumvent electrical & mechanical losses across a network will positively influence the transmission...
269 pages •
By Asia Market Information & Development Company
• Mar 2021
China’s demand for Wire and Cable has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. In the next decade, both production and demand will continue to grow. The Chinese economy maintains a high speed growth which has been stimulated by the consecutive increases of industrial output, import & export, consumer consumption...
98 pages •
By Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd
• Feb 2021
TFL announces plan to expand fibre infrastructure to more parts of the country Fiji has a relatively sophisticated communications infrastructure with the highest mobile and internet penetration in the Pacific Islands. It is the leading market to watch in terms of both LTE and 5G development in this region. The...
National Broadband Plans in Europe - Status, Strategies, and Objectives
National Broadband Plans in Europe - Status, Strategies, and Objectives is a new Telecom Insider Report , provides an overview of the national broadband plans (NBPs) adopted by the governments in Europe and of the...
This country report and accompanying data annex provide a comprehensive overview of Slovakia's telecoms market, including KPIs and data on subscribers, penetration, revenue and ARPU. The report analyses the strategies of major players in the country's fixed and mobile telecoms markets, and includes market share data and operators' infrastructure...
This country report and accompanying data annex provide a comprehensive overview of Cambodia's telecoms market, including KPIs and data on subscribers, penetration, revenue and ARPU. The report analyses the strategies of major players in the country's fixed and mobile telecoms markets, and includes market share data and operators' infrastructure...
This country report and accompanying data annex provide a comprehensive overview of Ukraine's telecoms market, including KPIs and data on subscribers, penetration, revenue and ARPU. The report analyses the strategies of major players in the country's fixed and mobile telecoms markets, and includes market share data and operators' infrastructure...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.