Report Includes: - An overview of the advanced image-guided surgery (IGS) systems and their widespread healthcare applications
- Regional dynamics of the global IGS technologies market covering regions, including the U.S., APAC, Europe and rest of the world with data estimation for 2019 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024
- Current technologies assessment as well as outlining trends that are expected to contribute to market growth for these imaging technologies
- Discussion of various IGS imaging technologies and their most relevant applications in cancer treatment, neurology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, otorhinolaryngology, oral-maxillofacial medicine, dentistry, gastroenterology, urology, gynecology, and cardiology
- Information on advantages and challenges in using these techniques together; as well as current and emerging trends within this spectrum
Summary: Image-guided surgery (IGS), which is also known as surgical navigation, is a method for performing a surgery with the aid of one or more imaging systems. Intraoperative imaging systems (e.g., ultrasound) are used to locate surgical tools in the patient’s body and superimpose their image to body images taken preoperatively by different techniques, the most common being computer tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). The preoperative image is registered to the actual position of the patient creating an augmented or mixed reality visualization of the patient’s body. The preoperative image shows a view of the patient’s anatomy and acts like a digital map, which is used by the surgeon to
precisely position and orientate his surgical tools. Typically, the surgical tool is equipped with sensors that interact with the computer to determine the position of the instrument in real-time.
IGS is becoming a popular aid for surgeons, helping them to visualize the area they are working on with a controllable field of view. This is especially important in those cases in which the body part is very narrow, small or hidden, for example when the surgeon has to perform the dilation of a passageway (e.g., artery, sinus, eustachian tube, or larynx), the insertion of needles such as in liver ablation, a small incision or drilling.
Several technological advances that have occurred during the past twenty years, including higher resolution imaging, 3D imaging, and robotics, have contributed to the increasing demand for imageguided surgery systems. These innovations have allowed practitioners to receive useful feedbacks and have provided guidance for carrying out more effective and accurate surgeries.
Image-guided surgery is also becoming a sought-after technique for minimally invasive medical procedures since it permits to optimize the amount of tissue removed during surgery, minimizing negative side effects as well as the patient’s discomfort and recovery time. In addition to guide surgery instruments, IGS systems are also adopted for insertion of diagnostic, therapeutic, and biopsy devices or other products (e.g., imaging contrast agents) through channels created by the physician or naturally existing in the human body, such as intestines, colon, and circulatory system.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The global scintillator market reached a value of US$ 476.5 Million in 2020. Scintillators refer to materials which can absorb high-energy photons and incident particles such as protons, electrons and neutrons. The common scintillator materials include inorganic and organic crystals, organic liquids, and noble and scintillating gases. They...
Global Hybrid OR Market to Reach $2,520.7 Million by 2030
Market Report Coverage - Hybrid Operating Room
• Components (Intraoperative Diagnostic Imaging Systems, Operating Room Fixtures, Surgical Instruments, Audiovisual Display Systems and Tools, and others)
398 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Apr 2021
- The global market for Electrosurgery is projected to reach US$5.3 billion by 2025 driven by the growing burden of surgical conditions and the ensuing need to reduce the associated economic and financial costs. Surgery represents an essential component of the healthcare system and improper surgical care, surgical...
The global generic oncology drugs market exhibited strong growth during 2015-2020. Generic oncology drugs assist in shrinking, controlling and destroying the cancer cells present in the human body. Furthermore, a few oncology drugs are widely prescribed by doctors to alleviate symptoms, including pain. They share the...
175 pages •
By The Business Research Company
• Apr 2021
Major players in the operating room equipment market are Steris Plc, Stryker Corporation, Getinge AB, Hill-Rom Holdings, Inc. and Mizuho OSI, Inc. The global operating room equipment market is expected to grow from $8.04 billion in 2020 to $9.48 billion in 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17.9%. The change in growth trend...
513 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Apr 2021
- The global market for Contrast Media is projected to reach US$5.3 billion by 2025, driven by the growing number of imaging procedures such as X-Rays, MRI, CT, and Ultrasound supported by the prevalence of chronic diseases among the growing global population and the ensuing diagnostic burden and demand for imaging...
The deferral of elective procedures due to pandemic-related measures has adversely affected the cardiovascular medical devices market.While some cardiovascular procedures are considered urgent, others have been rescheduled and deferred.
Nearly 80% of all the orthopedic procedures performed in Europe are estimated to have been delayed,...
The global intraoperative imaging market size is projected to reach USD 2.5 billion by 2025 from USD 1.9 billion in 2020, at a CAGR of 5.2%. Factors such as the technological advancements in the market are propelling the growth of the intraoperative imaging market. Additionally, rising cases of surgeries, investments from both private and...
Medical Imaging Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (X-ray, Computed Tomography, Ultrasound, MRI, Nuclear Imaging), By End Use, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 - 2028
Medical Imaging Market Growth & Trends
The global medical imaging market size is expected to reach...
Report Scope: This report offers a detailed picture of the market for 3D and 4D ultrasound devices.It highlights the current and future market potential for 3D and 4D ultrasound devices and provides a detailed analysis of the competitive environment, the regulatory scenario, drivers, restraints, opportunities and trends...
Medical Instrument And Supply Production
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.