Updated in the last quarter, this report has been extracted from QUBE and provides a comprehensive overview of the emerging light vehicle engine technologies required to meet CO2 and fuel economy mandates, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts.
Based on exclusive interviews, primary research and proprietary data this engine technologies global market study includes:
- Diesel and gasoline, fuel injection system and forced induction fitment and size data for the top 14* markets
- A review of the latest technological developments and market trends in engine technology (combustion strategies such as: Atkinson cycle; HCCI/CAI; lean burn; variable compression ratio and stratified charge). Also: fuel injection system developments; effects of downsizing and downspeeding; kinetic and thermal energy recovery; forced induction; engine material developments; variable valve actuation; alternatives to the internal combustion engine and alternative fuels such as hydrogen and CNG.
- Regional engine supplier market share data tables and commentary
- Exclusive interviews with OE engine technology suppliers including Tenneco, Zircotec, Federal Mogul, Delphi, Nemak and Kolbenschmidt (news and interviews only available in QUBE)
- A sector PESTER analysis
- Updated profiles of the major engine technology suppliers including their strategies and prospects
*The top 14 markets accounting for over 98% of global light vehicle production include: North America; Mercosur; Western Europe; Central Europe; Russia; Japan; China; India; Korea; Thailand; Other Asia; Iran; South Africa; Australia.
You can use this report to:
- Gain a quick overview of expected future developments in engine technology and the efforts to reduce CO2 emissions
- Understand the size and scope of the top engine 14 markets
- Hear direct from leading companies on their strategies and plans
- Review the latest and most significant technological engine developments
- Know the key trends within the sector and what’s driving them
- Spot opportunities and threats in this sector
- Establish key companies’ latest activities and prospects