Respiratory Syncytial Virus: Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2028
Summary Human respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is an enveloped, single-stranded, negative-sense RNA orthopneumovirus belonging to the family of Paramyxoviridae. The virus was discovered in 1956, first as an isolate from a laboratory chimpanzee displaying symptoms of the common cold, and later from infants suffering from respiratory disease.
The most common clinical scenario for RSV is an upper respiratory tract infection which is typically mild and self-limiting.However, RSV is the leading cause of lower respiratory tract infections (LRTIs) in infants, with a peak age of hospitalization between 2-3 months of age.
Severe respiratory disease can manifest as bronchiolitis and pneumonia, which can progress to respiratory failure or death in rare occasions. RSV is also an important cause of hospitalizations and deaths in elderly adults.
The burden of RSV-associated illness is well known; however, challenges stemming from both product and clinical trial design have resulted in several high-profile product failures across all classes of agents including antivirals and prophylactic vaccines and antibodies. Further, the RSV market has seen contraction as the only approved prophylactic antibody, AbbVie and AstraZeneca’s Synagis (palivizumab), received an updated recommendation from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) in 2014 for a more narrow population than the antibody is labeled for (i.e., pediatric patients at increased risk of hospitalization due to RSV). These difficulties have limited options for patients currently at risk for complications due to RSV; however, they have driven strong developer interest in addressing RSV across multiple therapeutic avenues.
Key Questions Answered - How will the RSV therapeutic market landscape in the 7MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan) change from 2018-2028?
- What are the most promising late-stage pipeline drugs for RSV?
- How do the clinical and commercial attributes of late-stage pipeline therapies compare with one another, and against existing treatment options?
- What are the remaining unmet needs in RSV treatment management?
- What drivers and barriers will affect RSV therapeutics sales in the 7MM over the forecast period?
Scope - Overview of RSV, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and current management strategies.
- Topline RSV market revenue from 2018-2028. Annual cost of therapy (ACOT) and major pipeline product sales in this forecast period are included.
- Key topics covered include current treatment and prophylactic options, unmet needs and opportunities, and the drivers and barriers affecting RSV therapeutics sales in the 7MM.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, synopses of innovative early-stage projects, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline products.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global RSV therapeutics and prophylactics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global RSV market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the RSV therapeutics market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments, and strategic partnerships.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The Urinary Tract Infection Therapeutics Market is expected to register a CAGR of 4.1% during the forecast period. Certain factors that are driving the market growth include the increasing prevalence of diabetes and kidney stones and the launch of combination drugs. Key Highlights According to a study published...
The global injection pens market is projected to reach USD 53.3 billion by 2026 from USD 37.6 billion in 2021, at a CAGR of 7.2% during the forecast period. Growing prevalence of chronic diseases, increasing number of regulatory approvals, favourable reimbursement and government support, and technological advancements in injection pens tend...
An ear infection occurs when a bacterial or viral infection that affects the inner, middle or outer ear. Ear infections can be painful because of inflammation and fluid buildup in the ear. Acute ear infection can cause mild pain and discomfort in the ear. However chronic cases can cause severe pain, loss of body balance, drainage of fluids...
The global prostate health market is projected to reach USD 48.9 billion by 2026 from USD 31.8 billion in 2021, at a CAGR of 9.0% during the forecast period. The prostate gland (the prostate) is an organ of the male reproductive system. The three most common forms of prostate disease are inflammation (prostatitis), non-cancerous enlargement...
Executive Summary Global Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) Therapeutics Market was valued at USD 5.5 billion in the year 2020. The key factors driving growth in the global Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease Therapeutics market is increased public awareness of the disease and its symptoms. The growing incidence of heartburn...
The anaphylaxis treatment market in Europe is expected to grow from US$ 534.0 million in 2021 to US$ 987.2 million by 2028; it is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 9.2% from 2021 to 2028. Anaphylaxis is a severe, life?threatening allergic reaction caused by vulnerability to allergens (foods, insect stings, or medicines) identified as a...
The global wearable injectors market is projected to reach USD 11.5billion by 2026 from USD 7.2billion in 2021, at a CAGR of 9.9% during the forecast period. Growth in this market is mainly driven by factors such as the shift of healthcare delivery toward homecare due to COVID-19, advantages of wearable injectors in the administration of various...
The ablation technology market is projected to reach USD 8.1 Billion by 2026 from USD 5.2 Billion in 2021, at a CAGR of 9.3% during the forecast period. The growing elderly population has also driven the incidence of target conditions and contributed to the demand for effective treatment. However, the reuse and reprocessing of devices in developed...
242 pages •
By Asia Market Information & Development Company
• Aug 2021
China’s demand for Pneumonia Treatment Drugs has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. In the next decade, both production and demand will continue to grow. The Chinese economy maintains a high speed growth which has been stimulated by the consecutive increases of industrial output, imports & exports, consumer...
Cushing’s Syndrome - Opportunity Assessment and Forecast to 2030 Summary Cushing’s Syndrome is a disorder caused by the body’s exposure to an excess of the hormone cortisol.Cortisol affects all tissues and organs in the body, and collectively these effects are known as CS. This disorder can...
Number Of Abortions Performed
Prescription Drug Sales
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.