Summary The Japanese dairy & soy food sector is led by the cheese category and it is also forecast to register the fastest growth during 2018-2023 in value terms.Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel for dairy products in the country.
Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material, while flexible packaging is forecast to grow the fastest in 2018. The health & wellness market is led by the milk category. ‘Meiji Holdings Co Ltd’,‘ Megmilk Snow Brand Co., Ltd.’ and ‘Morinaga Milk Industry Co., Ltd.’ are the leading players in the Japanese dairy & soy food sector.
Country Profile report on the Dairy & soy food sector in Japan provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
Scope - The per capita consumption and expenditure of dairy & soy food was higher in Japan compared to both the global and regional levels in 2018
- The cheese is largest category in value terms during 2018-2023
- Per capita consumption of milk was higher compared to other dairy & soy food categories in Japan
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Japanese dairy & soy food sector
- Meiji Holdings Co Ltd is the leading company in the Japanese dairy & soy food sector
- The health & wellness market in the Japanese dairy & soy food sector is led by the milk category
- Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material in the Japanese dairy & soy food sector
- Consumption of dairy & soy food is higher among women compared to men in Japan
Reasons to buy - Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Policy towards private enterprise and competition 2018-19: Government maintains a relatively liberal stance on private enterprise. The bureaucratic burden is modest. Plans have been proposed to divest stakes in state-owned rail, road and energy companies. The partial privatisation of the Port of Tallinn...
47 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• May 2018
Global economy continues to perform strongly, both in advanced and emerging markets. Global real GDP expanded by 4.0% in Q4 2017. Growth was supported by higher investment activity in advanced economies, higher consumer demand in emerging markets, and a rebound in global trade. We expect global GDP to grow by 3.8-3.9% per year over 2018-2019,...