Summary MobilePay is a popular mobile payment solution in Denmark.Launched as a money transfer app by Danske Bank in 2013, it later extended its offering to include online, in-app, and in-store payments.
It allows users to make fund transfers between friends, family members, and businesses using their mobile number.Users can store card details within the MobilePay app, which can be used for payments at online and offline merchants.
To make online payments, users choose MobilePay at the checkout and approve the payment on their mobile phone. As per our 2019 Banking and Payments Survey, MobilePay accounts for 8.1% of total e-commerce transaction value in Denmark in 2019, ahead of its main rival PayPal. Users can make in-store payments via NFC (at compatible terminals) or by scanning the QR code available at merchant stores. MobilePay is supported by major payment schemes Dankort, Visa, and Mastercard, as well as by more than 50 banks. It has collaborated with major banks in the Nordic region including Nordea Bank, Jyske Bank, Kreditbanken, SEB, Sydbank, Dragsholm Sparekasse, and Gjensidige Bank. Originally launched in Denmark, it later expanded to Finland and Norway - although its Norway operations were discontinued on January 11, 2018.
The report provides information and insights into alternative payment solution MobilePay including -
- Detailed insight into its business
- Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
- Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
- Information on its performance, including its revenue model
- The company’s important events and milestones
Scope - In May 2013, MobilePay was launched by Danske Bank as a P2P payment solution in Denmark.
- Users can send and request money with a mobile number using the MobilePay app.
- In December 2018, partnered with the Finnish State Treasury to allow citizens to make payments on the government service payment platform Suomi.fi using Mobile Pay.
- In September 2019, partnered with beverage company Hartwall, enabling its beverage vending machines to accept payments through MobilePay.
Reasons to buy - Gain insights into MobilePay’s business operations and key events.
- Gain insights into its product portfolio and revenue model.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The global digital signage market reached a value of US$ 21.1 Billion in 2020. Digital signage refers to a centralized content distribution platform used to playback information on multiple display screens. It shows advertisements or messages to the targeted audience through content management software (CMS) and a back-end operating computer...
177 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Apr 2021
- Global Electronic Funds Transfer Point of Sale (EFTPOS) Terminals Market to Reach 59.2 Million Units by 2027
- Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Electronic Funds Transfer Point of Sale (EFTPOS) Terminals estimated at 35.9 Million Units in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size...
310 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Apr 2021
- The global market for Digital Banking is projected to reach US$22.3 billion by 2025, driven by the growing base of internet users equipped with smart phones, mobile internet connections, and an insatiable appetite for convenience. The rapidly digitalizing lifestyle of modern consumers has ensured rapid penetration...
Banking Predictions for 2021 - Thematic Research
This report identifies the 21 themes that will impact the banking industry in 2021. For each theme, we offer a series of predictions, identify winners and losers, and suggest further reading.
Companies that invest in the right themes...
Online Banking Market Service Type (Payments, Processing Services, Customer & Channel Management, Wealth Management, and Others), and by Banking Type (Retail Banking, Corporate Banking, and Investment Banking): Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2020–2027 Online banking is a facility offered by banks...
BBVA - Enterprise Tech Ecosystem Series
BBVA offers retail banking, private banking, asset management, wholesale banking, and other related financial solutions.It also operates in other non-core sectors such as real estate, operational leasing, and insurance.
Its retail banking...
This report provides US digital consumer payments data in nominal US dollars for 2015 to 2019. Total retail sales data is provided and e-commerce sales are segmented in terms of: in-store fulfillment, internet-only retailer direct fulfillment, and omni-channel retailer direct fulfillment. Estimated quarterly...
The Global Digital Banking Platform Market size is expected to reach $9 billion by 2026, rising at a market growth of 16% CAGR during the forecast period. The factors driving the growth of the global digital banking platform market are the increased importance of digital customer experience, a shorter replacement cycle, and increased security...
The Asia Pacific Digital Banking Platform Market would witness market growth of 18% CAGR during the forecast period (2020-2026). The main aim of the digital banking platform is to ensure a seamless end to the final processing of banking transactions initiated by the customer, ensuring maximum value in terms of availability, use and...
The Europe Digital Banking Platform Market would witness market growth of 15.2% CAGR during the forecast period (2020-2026). The digital banking platform enables the automated distribution of conventional and modern banking products and services directly to end users via interactive channels of communication. In addition, many banks...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.