Summary The Polish wine sector is led by the still wine category in both value and volume terms in 2018.The fortified wine category is expected to register fastest value growth during 2018-2023.
Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel for distribution of wine in the country.Glass is the most commonly used pack material in the sector, followed by paper & board and rigid metal.
Ambra S.A., E. & J. Gallo Winery and Bartex-Bartol sp.j. are the leading market players in the Polish wine sector.
Country Profile report on the wine sector in Poland provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained? - Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2013-2023.
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for fortified wine, sparkling wine and still winewith inputs on individual segment share within each sector and the change in their market share forecast for 2018-2023.
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each sector through distribution channels such as cash & carries & warehouse clubs, convenience stores, department stores, hypermarkets & supermarkets, vending machines, e-retailers, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, drug stores & pharmacies, and other general retailers.
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels in both value and volume terms in 2018.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for rigid plastics, glass, flexible packaging, rigid metal and others; pack type data for: specialty container, bottle, tube, tub and others.
Scope - The per capita consumption of wine was higher in Poland compared to the global level in 2018
- The Polish consumers prefer premium products in the wine sector
- The still wine category is expected to gain maximum market share in value terms during 2018-2023
- Per capita consumption of still wine was higher in Poland when compared to fortified wine and sparkling wine
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Polish wine sector
- Ambra S.A. is the leading company in the Polish wine sector
- Private label penetration is highest in the sparkling wine category
- Glass is the most commonly used pack material in the Polish wine sector
- Older consumers account for the leading share in the consumption of wine in Poland
Reasons to buy - Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Wine Global Group of Eight (G8) Industry Guide 2015-2024 Summary The G8 Wine industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains company market share info...
Abstract Global Wine Manufacturing The Global Wine Manufacturing industry has experienced mild growth as a result of different trends across the world. The industry’s performance relies on consumer trends and therefore on variables affecting decisions by consumers. Many countries traditionally associated with...
The North America organic wine market is expected to grow from US$ 1630.33 million in 2019 to US$ 3895.59 million by 2027; it is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 11.6% from 2020 to 2027. The North America organic wine market is likely to account for a remarkable share of the organic wine market during the forecast period. One of the major factors...
Open bar: Rising disposable income will likely enable consumers to spend more alcohol Abstract Beer, Wine & Liquor Stores in the US The Beer, Wine and Liquor Stores industry comprises specialty shops specifically licensed to sell alcoholic beverages for off-premises consumption. Amid rising per capita...
Running dry: Restrictions due to the pandemic have decimated industry revenue and profitability Abstract Pubs & Bars in the UK Pubs and bars prepare and serve beverages for consumption on their own premises. The industry only includes individuals and companies that operate pubs. Companies that own but...
Wine Global Industry Guide 2015-2024 Summary Global Wine industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains company market share info and analysis of competitive...
65 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Nov 2020
Throughout the review period and until 2019, just prior to the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, the alcoholic drinks market in Morocco recorded total volume declines annually in every category except for wine and spirits.
Alcoholic Drinks in Morocco report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national...
62 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Mar 2021
Treasury Wine Estates remains committed to its strategy of expanding its product portfolio upmarket and accelerating the divestment of its low-priced commercial wines, despite the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and conditions in key markets such as the US and China posing challenges to the company’s future performance. This profile looks...
60 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Mar 2021
Accolade became one of the top three wine players globally as a result of its acquisition strategy, which partially reverted after private equity company Carlyle acquired Accolade in 2018. The sale of most of its US portfolio and the retreat from China after the imposition of tariffs on Australian wines is expected to reshape the company’s...
Empty bottle: Restrictions during the COVID-19 pandemic have reduced demand from the hospitality sector Abstract Wine Production in the UK Participants in this industry produce wine from grapes. Grapes are either purchased or grown and harvested on the estate. Products include still and sparkling wine...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.