Japan Hot Drinks - Market Assessment and Forecasts to 2024
- June 2020 •
- 97 pages •
- Report ID: 5833339 •
- Format: PDF
Japanese hot drinks sector is led by the hot coffee category in both the value and volume terms in 2019.The category is also expected to register fastest value growth during 2019-2024.
On-trade transactions accounted for the leading share in the distribution of hot drinks in Japan.Flexible packaging is the commonly used pack material in the Japanese hot drinks sector.
Older consumers (55+ years) accounted for the highest consumption of hot drinks in Japan. Nestle SA, Ajinomoto Group and UCC Ueshima Coffee Co Ltd are the leading players in the sector.
This report on the hot drinks sector in Japan provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and companies market shares.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2024
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for hot coffee, hot tea, other hot drinks with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2019-2024
- Leading players: Market share of compaines (in value terms) and private labels (in value terms) in 2019
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as cash & carries & warehouse clubs, convenience stores, department stores, food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, e-retailers, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers other general retailers.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, rigid plastics, paper & board and rigid metal; pack type for: jar, bag/sachet, tub, speciality container, stand up pouch, carton - folding, can, pod and other pack type, closure type for: flip/snap top, screw top, prize off, twist off, plastic tie and other closure types, primary outer types for: carton - folding, bag, sleeve and shrink wrap.
- The per capita consumption and expenditure of hot drinks in Japan was higher compared to both the regional and global levels in 2019
- Japanese consumers prefer premium products in the hot drinks sector
- Consumption of hot coffee was higher than other hot drinks categories in 2019
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Japanese hot drinks sector
- Flexible packaging is the commonly used pack material in the Japanese hot drinks sector
- Older consumers account for the leading share in the consumption of hot drinks in Japan
Reasons to Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed company share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate.
- It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.