Opportunities in the Western Europe Haircare Sector
Summary Western Europe was the third largest region with a value share of 14.9% in the global haircare sector in 2020 and is forecast to record a CAGR of 3.16% during 2020-2025. Shampoo was the largest category accounting for US$4,622.4 (33.7% of the overall haircare sector) in 2020 and is expected to reach US$5,372.8 million in 2025, growing at a CAGR of 3.1%. Among the high-potential countries, Sweden is expected to register the fastest value CAGR of 4.7%, while Austria is expected to register the fastest volume CAGR of 2.65%, during 2020-2025. The Western Europe haircare sector was consolidated, with the top five companies accounting for a share of 64.5% in 2020, of which L’Oréal S.A. held a share of 26.5%, with presence in all categories. L’Oréal S.A. was followed by Henkel AG & Co. KGaA and Procter & Gamble which accounted for 13.5% and 10.2% shares, respectively. Coty, Inc. and Unilever held shares of 7.4% and 6.9%, respectively, in the same year. Private labels held 4.1% value share of overall sales in 2020. Hypermarkets & supermarkets was the largest distribution channel in the Western Europe haircare sector, accounting for 41.6% of overall value sales in 2020.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Western Europe haircare sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top companies, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
Scope This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Western Europe haircare sector, analyzing data from 19 countries in the region.
It includes analysis on the following - - Market Environment: Includes sector size, market size, and growth analysis by category.
- High-potential Countries’ Analysis: Indicates changing share of value consumption in the various haircare by category across high-potential countries in the Western Europe region. It also provides Risk-Reward analysis of four countries across the Western Europe region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
- Country Deep Dive: Provides the overview, demographic analysis, and key trends across high potential countries.
- Success Stories: Provides some of the most compelling haircare manufacturers, brands, products, and marketing campaigns in the Western Europe region. It also provides a better understanding of how a certain manufacturer achieved success in the sector, and insights.
- Competitive Environment: Provides an overview of leading companies in the Western Europe region, besides analyzing the growth of private label in the region.
- Distribution Analysis: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels in the Western Europe haircare sector in 2020. It covers distribution channels: hypermarkets & supermarkets, health & beauty stores, parapharmacies/drugstores, convenience stores, e-retailers and others, which includes department stores, cash & carries & warehouse clubs, direct sellers, chemists/pharmacies, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers and other retailers.
- Packaging Analysis*: The report provides percentage share (in 2020) and growth analysis (during 2015-2025) for various pack materials, pack type, closure, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of haircare.
- Challenges and Future Outlook: Provides the challenges and future outlook pertaining to the Western Europe haircare sector.
Reasons to Buy - Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading companies in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
137 pages •
By Asia Market Information & Development Company
• Sep 2021
This study focuses on China’s Hair Styling Products market trends. In the two past decades, the market has been growing at a fast pace. The dramatic expansions of the manufacturing capabilities and rising consumer consumptions in China have transformed China’s society and economy. China is one of the world’s major...
The North American hair styling tools market was valued at USD 1,918.67 million in 2020, and it is projected to witness a CAGR of 1.66% during the forecast period (2021-2026). The market for hair styling appliances in the North America has been moderately affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, the major impact has been observed among the...
Hair Colourants in Spain provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2021. This market covers hair colourants for all consumers. Market value is based on sales through all retail channels including direct to consumer, but excludes the professional sector including hairdresser sales to...
Trends, opportunities, and forecast in exfoliating active ingredient market to 2026 by application (skin care, hair care, oral care, and makeup), source (natural and synthetic), and region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World) The future of the global exfoliating active ingredient market looks promising with...
Hair Colourants in Netherlands provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2021. This market covers hair colourants for all consumers. Market value is based on sales through all retail channels including direct to consumer, but excludes the professional sector including hairdresser sales...
Egypt Haircare - Market Assessment and Forecasts to 2025 Summary The Egyptian haircare sector is led by the shampoo category in value terms and styling agents in volume terms in 2020.The styling agents category is forecast to register the fastest value and volume growth during 2020-2025. Marico...
29 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Oct 2021
2020 featured mixed dynamics within hair care in Germany. While consumers maintained basic hygiene routines including using standard shampoos, on the negative side, they were forced to practice social isolation and were restricted to frequent determined locations, which naturally changed their behaviour and reduced demand for some products. Hair...
Hair Styling Agents in Italy provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2021. This market covers sprays, gels, cream, liquid, mousse and other hair styling agents. Market value is based on sales through all retail channels including direct to consumer, but excludes the professional...
New color: Rising disposable income will likely drive consumers to purchase high-cost industry services Abstract Hair & Nail Salons in Canada The Hair and Nail Salons industry in Canada has exhibited steady growth over the five years to 2019. The industry, which relies on discretionary purchases of...
Hair Colourants in Indonesia provides you with annual year-end market size data, most recently updated in 2021. This market covers hair colourants for all consumers. Market value is based on sales through all retail channels including direct to consumer, but excludes the professional sector including hairdresser sales...
Gross Domestic Product
Retail Market Share
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.